Increasing English fluency by doing Let's Plays for foreign YouTubers?

Haikality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, a lot of YouTubers out there (all genres, not only Gaming) upload videos on their languages. For Americans, Brits, Canadians, and Australians would have an advantage since they had English as their first language and almost everybody in this world would understand whatever they said.

For foreign YouTubers, it's kinda hard to get viewers since not everybody would understand what you're saying. And the option is to speak in English on your videos

By doing Let's Plays in English, I guess you can practice to respond in English and your spontaneous speaking skills
E.g. you're playing a horror game, you can respond to a jumpscare in English and even explain the game mechanics in English.

I don't know if this is a good idea, what do you guys think? :D

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Its never going to work, people in the english community want it to sound english, they will bother you to do it perfectly until they are happy.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I am from Puerto Rico and I been doing let's play for the last 4 years, recently stop to make re-start a new gaming channel. My first language is spanish and i been doing my let's plays in english. Some people will be annoyed at your accent instead of seeing it as a practice for you and maybe some will not understand. But go ahead and make your videos in english believe me when I say it helps a lot! At my work we receive customer who only speak english and I have been able to help them so smoothly! :D and it all thanks of me practicing in the videos!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Speaking English with an accent is actually a good way to be different and stand out from the millions of native English speakers on YouTube. YouTube is international and people are always interested in other cultures. You could make being foreign a theme for your channel.