Improving old video quality

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all, I am looking for a simple software to improve the image quality (improve sharpness, remove shakiness, etc) of old black and white films. What I am really looking for is a free windows-based software. At least that would be the ideal. Or at least a software that I could try for free. Any pointer you could gave me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh and depending on what your actual source is.

Are you actually trying to import / scan / capture from film - or are you looking at black and white footage already in digital form and wanting to clean it up?

Because keep in mind that a lot of the latter on the web has ALREADY been processed to as good a quality as is possible (eg what you see on British Pathe and so on. )

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you. It looks like that Film9 software still exists. I have not had time to look in details yet but that's definitely a good suggestion that I need to explore further. To answer your question I was referring to videos in digital form. You're right, they may have already been restored to as good as can be. We'll see.

Reactions: LandyVlad