I'll review your gaming channel

CautiousCrowe

YTtalk Mad
Heyo everyone! My name is Crowe and I am one of the oh so many gaming channels out there on the YouTubes. I have been making videos for just under 2 years now and am extremely grateful to have gotten the experience that I have over that time.

Because I am a gaming channel that's the only kind of channel I feel confident reviewing, I have checked out other channels of other genres and I have a harder time coming up with feedback for them.

So here's how it works, you ask for a review and I will give it to you, if it's a gaming channel then my review will probably actually contain useful feedback. My criticism can be rough, you learn nothing when you are babied and told how amazing your channel is, so odds are even if your channel is better than mine I will still have a load of things to tell you that you can improve on, because god knows my channel could use some work as well.

That's pretty much it. Also, understand that I don't sit on YTT for a living, so I may not be able to get back to everyone as quickly as they would like, but I will do it in order, and I will have feedback to tell you.

That's about it, leave a comment to let me know you want a review and I will do just that, just try not to get your feelings hurt and quit YT when I tell you stuff, it's about improving not about getting discouraged.
 
Hey Crowe,

Would love to hear what you think of our channel!
https://www.youtube.com/c/warpcouch
We do Let's Plays and also just started doing Game Music Covers.
Lets us have it, we don't get offended easily!

Thanks!

-WC

So I checked out a few different things on your channel, I watched some of the first videos and them some of the recent ones to have an idea of where you started compared to where you are.

So obviously a lot of improvements have been made since you began which is to be expected, your first videos had a lot of frame issues that were later resolved, I think your commentary has been pretty solid throughout a lot of your videos, it's a nice advantage to having multiple people commentating at once and being able to interact with each other.

something that is a personal opinion and doesn't necessarily carry any weight, but for me your videos are a tad bit too long. I feel like after 10ish minutes people tend to get impatient and move onto something different and new, but everyone has their own preferences on that so there's really no right/wrong when it comes to video time, just opinion.

I think the majority of your content is relevant and recent, you tend to stick with titles that are currently in high demand which once again can been seen as both good or bad depending on who you ask. Based on what I see it appears as if your uploads have become less frequent over time, not sure if you eventually established some sort of uploading schedule or if random occurrences may have prevented you from uploading at specific times, regardless of the reason I found that people tend to enjoy content that comes out regularly and based on a specific schedule, not just randomly pop them out.

I think the audio on your videos is very nice, there's no problem hearing all of you guys speaking and the audio from the game is still easily distinguished from the rest of it, so that's a solid performance there.

Ultimately I think your best chances of improvement are sticking to a set schedule with your content, and possibly shortening the duration of videos. Take more time and try and come up with more appealing titles, you already have the thumbnails done nicely but the titles are just as important, also take more time with the description on the videos since that is a good way to get more tags on searches.
 
I'd be honored by your review, be harsh, be honest. Just a tip: you might wanna focus on my videos itself, the commentary and content within really as I don't think the channel art etc is really a problem ;)
 
Hey there,
A review from you would be awesome :biggrin:

I'm fairly new so I'd like to get off on the right foot.
One thing I know you are going to say is to make my videos shorter and that's something that I'm doing, I've some stuff recorded and it's all 10-15 mins long, so it's something that I've really been working on, but apart from that I think that a harsh and honest review would be great :coolphones:
 
Hey it would be cool if you could review my channel whenever you have the time.

I'm pretty new, I started in November but I think a review early on would help me a lot. I do mostly Let's Plays so far with the acceptation of a few gaming videos that don't follow a "Let's Play" style. And my intentions as a YouTuber is to be funny and enjoyable for people to watch.

Most of my videos have been done in pretty much the same style aside from my don't starve together videos which were intended to be funny fail videos.

I have an outro/call to action at the ends of my videos, but I have no intro yet. But I'm working on ideas for one.

What do you think of my banner and icon?

is my audio okay? not to loud or quite?

I'm on the fence about my description, its detailed but I worry it might be to long and unorganized.

What do you think of my commentary?

any suggestions are welcome.

and don't worry about me getting butthurt, I would like to grow my channel some more and that'll never happen if no one tells me if I'm doing a crappy job with something.

thanks. :)
 
Last edited:
Well I just did a re-branding so I could use some critique. Feel free to tear me a new one :^)
 
So I checked out a few different things on your channel, I watched some of the first videos and them some of the recent ones to have an idea of where you started compared to where you are...

Ultimately I think your best chances of improvement are sticking to a set schedule with your content, and possibly shortening the duration of videos. Take more time and try and come up with more appealing titles, you already have the thumbnails done nicely but the titles are just as important, also take more time with the description on the videos since that is a good way to get more tags on searches.

Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to look at the channel, I agree with everything you said here and will definitely start implementing it asap!

Thanks!

-WC
 
Back
Top