Other Idea: Gaming Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Hello YTTalk! I've noticed a lot of small gaming channels here on the forums (As expected). Now I wasn't sure where to post this, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before (If it has then my apologies) But as we all know, there are a lot of gaming channels on youtube.

So I was thinking instead of having several small gaming channels and such, why don't we combine them all into a larger channel and/or network? It would be a lot simpler, we'd have plenty of directors, if we get large enough I'm sure we could even get permission from developers and become a partnered network of our own (Like Machinima or something).

Just a small thought, this is a small concept but I'm thinking it could go somewhere. Feel free to leave your comments/ideas on the matter. :)

Here's our Introduction/Promotional video:

(its mostly just me talking about the network lol)

Edit: The network now has a name, It's going to be called Ludos Gaming Network, LGN for short.

We also have a youtube channel now, http://youtube.com/user/LudosNet

Available Staff Positions for LGN:

2 moderators (Forums) - Will be required to keep an eye on the forums and members of the community in order to maintain a professional
environment.

Lead Youtube Director (Taken)- Skylent - Will have the responsibility of leading the youtube directors and making sure all shows are completed on time, as well
as doing a show of their own. (Shows/Video uploads will be discussed as to how exactly they will be done later on.)

Youtube Director - There is no limit to the amount of directors we can have (currently) There is a limit to the shows available during the week however. Only 7 directors can do a show at a time, but they will be rotated after a season of their show has been completed in order for everyone to get a chance at it. There is no limit to the length of the videos. (There is a limited amount of dropbox space, please be considerate of other directors.

Review/News Team (2) - Responsible for researching news articles/writing game reviews. Can choose to do a video if they want to about it.

I plan to have several youtube channels for different things, like news/reviews. Gameplay/commentary, etc. But that's to come later. For now it will
all be on one channel, organized by playlists.

Other Staff Positions:

Webmaster (taken)

PR. Aka Public Relations (Someone did say they would do that. Taken until further notice.)

I'm sure eventually there will be more openings as the need grows, but I think this should cover just about everything
for the time being.

Application for Staff:

Please PM me this staff application either here or on youtube.

Name:
Reason for applying:
Why should we consider you?:
Anything else you feel we should know about you:
When are you available to upload:

If you feel like I've missed anything, or if you have any suggestions on what I should add to this application process feel free to let me know. If there's a staff position that you think should be added (or that the network would need) let me know and I'll look in to it.

Thanks everyone for the awesome response to this idea, And I feel like this network can become a great one if done correctly, thanks for everyones help and support. I look forward to starting this network with all of you. :)

Feel free to join our website:
http://ludosnet.com

New thread:
http://yttalk.com/threads/ludos-gaming-network-recruiting-promotional-thread.12448/

It take's a lot of money to create a Machinima like network... Getting all the copyright licenses etc

It take's a lot of money to create a Machinima like network... Getting all the copyright licenses etc
To surpas all that you can just become an affiltator. That is where you become a network for another network. The only problem is you need like 100,000 active subs so it takes alot of work

I understand it will take a lot of time and money, but you've got to start small to get big. That's the idea behind it anyways.

If you guys need a website I could help. Made this about a week ago. http://www.youtubeacademy.net/ Learned it all as I went along so i'm much better now. I could even make a partners section where the directors can make an account then the videos they upload on the site get sent to the owner who can approve them and put them on Youtube. What do you think? Start a conversation if you're interested. I'd love to get involved in a project like this.

If you guys need a website I could help. Made this about a week ago. http://www.youtubeacademy.net/ Learned it all as I went along so i'm much better now. I could even make a partners section where the directors can make an account then the videos they upload on the site get sent to the owner who can approve them and put them on Youtube. What do you think? Start a conversation if you're interested. I'd love to get involved in a project like this.
Good to know. I do a bit of web coding myself and I had planned to help with that. So far this is just a concept and no one has actually -joined- this project as of yet, first I want to see what peoples opinions and ideas are on the subject, then I planned to go from there. If there are people who would be seriously devoted to starting something like this, then we can talk websites and such and how the youtube channel/s would be.

Good to know. I do a bit of web coding myself and I had planned to help with that. So far this is just a concept and no one has actually -joined- this project as of yet, first I want to see what peoples opinions and ideas are on the subject, then I planned to go from there. If there are people who would be seriously devoted to starting something like this, then we can talk websites and such and how the youtube channel/s would be.
No problem, I also have web hosting at the minute so it would cost me nothing extra to stick another website on my plan if you needed it. It would mean we would only need to buy a $10 domain name to get started. I also thought if you were going to run the thing that your time might be better spent promoting it and getting people to join instead of worrying about all the little bugs and other things that are so time consuming. I will keep in touch and if you decide to do it just message me. You should go around the forums and message gamers to see what their reaction is. I think it would be loads of work but it could be really successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back