I Want to step my game up

Adeelcool

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, so i want to improve my camera and audio quality in my videos, so i'm thinking of investing in a point and shoot camera since a DSLR is way out of my budget right now, Any suggestions for a point and shoot ?

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's your budget?

EDIT: I watched some of your videos and your video doesn't take up the whole screen which was a huge turn off for me. I don't know if you edit your videos or what your editing software is capable of but try making your videos take up the whole screen.

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would go with the Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS

100 dollars is a very small budget

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Buy a cheap webcam from amazon and maybe get a green screen

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A camera that I really like is the activeon cx. It's a gopro rip off for just under $100 US. It's better than the gopro in that it has an LCD screen so you can see what you're filming, unlike the gopro where it the newest model is the only one with a screen and it's $400. Also, the activeon has a tripod mount built into it so you can put it right onto the tripod without the case. It's also waterproof if it's in the case.

PS: If you do end up getting it, try filming without the case on it whenever possible because the audio quality will be better.

PPS: It has a fisheye effect, but if you set the FOV to narrow in the settings, it won't be as fisheye-y.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would seriously go to a camera store in your area that has used/refurbished cameras for sale and see what they have available. You can get some AMAZING deals on cameras that people have turned in because they're upgrading, or they needed a bit of cash.

Adeelcool

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's your budget?
120$ CA
I would seriously go to a camera store in your area that has used/refurbished cameras for sale and see what they have available. You can get some AMAZING deals on cameras that people have turned in because they're upgrading, or they needed a bit of cash.
Ah,cool Thats a great idea[DOUBLEPOST=1467058275,1467057915][/DOUBLEPOST]
A camera that I really like is the activeon cx. It's a gopro rip off for just under $100 US. It's better than the gopro in that it has an LCD screen so you can see what you're filming, unlike the gopro where it the newest model is the only one with a screen and it's $400. Also, the activeon has a tripod mount built into it so you can put it right onto the tripod without the case. It's also waterproof if it's in the case.

PS: If you do end up getting it, try filming without the case on it whenever possible because the audio quality will be better.

PPS: It has a fisheye effect, but if you set the FOV to narrow in the settings, it won't be as fisheye-y.
Oh, cool i'll check it out

Wonderboy Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Save your money. Hold out to get a Logitech 920 for $60 and then get a good microphone. It may cost you about $300 for a good set up, but think of it as an investment in yourself.

Reactions: PictureFIT

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Save your money. Hold out to get a Logitech 920 for $60 and then get a good microphone. It may cost you about $300 for a good set up, but think of it as an investment in yourself.
I second the Logitech 920 suggestion. All of my vids use that webcam. Eventually I'll upgrade, but boy, the c920 has been great for me thus far. I honestly don't even feel the need to upgrade but probably will for the sake of upgrading.