I need a tripod for my Logitech C270 webcam.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
This is my current webcam: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Des...ogitech+C270+wall+mount&qid=1616444406&sr=8-4

I'm looking to record while standing up. Right now, the webcam is placed on top of my computer monitor, but that only provides a decent angle if I'm sitting. I can tilt the webcam up so it can see my face when I'm standing, but the angle just looks terrible. I need to have the webcam be positioned at eye level, which for me is 66 inches off the ground.

My desk is currently 28 inches off the ground, so I need a tripod that can go at least 38 inches high.

But I also need a tripod that can hold the aforementioned webcam. Most tripods I found on Amazon are designed to either hold stand-alone cameras or smartphones.

I have an alternative thread that might make android phone recording plausible for me: http://yttalk.com/threads/is-there-...o-the-pc-without-any-delay-or-latency.300005/

However, if nobody can provide me with a satisfactory solution to that problem, then I need a tripod that (A) can hold a Logitech C270 webcam in a sturdy position, and (B) can hold the camera 36-40 inches off the desk. Also, it needs to be decently priced. No more than $40, please.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a tripod that can fit all three of those criteria?

based on the amazon link you shared, it looks like your webcam does not have a tripod mount on the bottom of it. Just to double check, please confirm if the webcam you are using has a screw mount on the bottom of it.
If it did, I would recommend just getting a light stand for $20 like this one here [1616473649025.pngLINK TO AMAZON TRIPOD]. Make sure it has a 1/4" 20 tripod mount. It gets to 7' tall so you should be good to go.

If the webcam does not have a tripod mount on the bottom of it, you could always add a tripod mount to it. The cheapest way would be to super glue a 1/4" 20 nut to the bottom of the webcam. This will probably cost you less than $0.50 from a hardware store. If you want a nicer more expensive option, check out this video by The Frugal Film Maker (OG Youtuber) about how to add a tripod mount to something that doesn't already have it [1616473638083.pngLINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO] - Start at 54 seconds. Sadly, the video is 5 years old and a lot of the links he shares in the info box are broken.

Since your budget is $40, you should be able to both buy a tall and light weight tripod, and add a tripod mount to your webcam and still have money to spare.

Hope that helps

Back