I need a tripod for my Logitech C270 webcam.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
This is my current webcam: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Desktop-Widescreen-Calling-Recording/dp/B004FHO5Y6/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Logitech+C270+wall+mount&qid=1616444406&sr=8-4

I'm looking to record while standing up. Right now, the webcam is placed on top of my computer monitor, but that only provides a decent angle if I'm sitting. I can tilt the webcam up so it can see my face when I'm standing, but the angle just looks terrible. I need to have the webcam be positioned at eye level, which for me is 66 inches off the ground.

My desk is currently 28 inches off the ground, so I need a tripod that can go at least 38 inches high.

But I also need a tripod that can hold the aforementioned webcam. Most tripods I found on Amazon are designed to either hold stand-alone cameras or smartphones.

I have an alternative thread that might make android phone recording plausible for me: http://yttalk.com/threads/is-there-any-way-i-can-record-with-my-android-phone-directly-to-the-pc-without-any-delay-or-latency.300005/

However, if nobody can provide me with a satisfactory solution to that problem, then I need a tripod that (A) can hold a Logitech C270 webcam in a sturdy position, and (B) can hold the camera 36-40 inches off the desk. Also, it needs to be decently priced. No more than $40, please.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a tripod that can fit all three of those criteria?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
based on the amazon link you shared, it looks like your webcam does not have a tripod mount on the bottom of it. Just to double check, please confirm if the webcam you are using has a screw mount on the bottom of it.
If it did, I would recommend just getting a light stand for $20 like this one here [1616473649025.pngLINK TO AMAZON TRIPOD]. Make sure it has a 1/4" 20 tripod mount. It gets to 7' tall so you should be good to go.

If the webcam does not have a tripod mount on the bottom of it, you could always add a tripod mount to it. The cheapest way would be to super glue a 1/4" 20 nut to the bottom of the webcam. This will probably cost you less than $0.50 from a hardware store. If you want a nicer more expensive option, check out this video by The Frugal Film Maker (OG Youtuber) about how to add a tripod mount to something that doesn't already have it [1616473638083.pngLINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO] - Start at 54 seconds. Sadly, the video is 5 years old and a lot of the links he shares in the info box are broken.

Since your budget is $40, you should be able to both buy a tall and light weight tripod, and add a tripod mount to your webcam and still have money to spare.

Hope that helps