I have some questions about creating a Logo!

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Although I like to think of myself as a creative person, I have threw out all of my ideas. So, I have some questions about creating a good logo. Lets start with the basics! What software do I need to use? How big should it be? Should it be simple or complex? Should it contain text? If you can come up with any more information than that, I will truly appreciate it!

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would recommend using photoshop, and I think I used 700x700 (width and height). I also believe it should be simple, because although its important people aren't going to be subscribing because you have a pretty profile pic or anything like that. I have a very basic one but I think its looks good enough, oh and also make sure it matches your banner in some way :D

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would recommend using photoshop, and I think I used 700x700 (width and height). I also believe it should be simple, because although its important people aren't going to be subscribing because you have a pretty profile pic or anything like that. I have a very basic one but I think its looks good enough, oh and also make sure it matches your banner in some way :D
Thank You!

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Photoshop is great if you have it available. I think I mine is either 700x700 or 800x800. Just ensure that you pick colors that you want to have associated with you as a brand and make sure you know the RGB or hex values so you can easily recreate them moving forward for thumbnails.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Photoshop is great if you have it available. I think I mine is either 700x700 or 800x800. Just ensure that you pick colors that you want to have associated with you as a brand and make sure you know the RGB or hex values so you can easily recreate them moving forward for thumbnails.
Thank you!

Sights

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hi! 800x800 Pixels! I would use either Photoshop or Illustrator it depends on what the logo should look or should be. If you want to use your logo for other things than web then i would suggest Illustrator because it is a vector based program. but note its not as easy to use and dosnt have all the effects that photoshop provides! (For my Profile Picture I used ONLY Photoshop) ). ! Gimp, Paint.NET or Sumopaint are some other free alternatives to those Programms if you dont have the money. The complexity or the simplicity of you logo really depends on you and your channel - how you want to present yourself!
Hope i could help :)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! 800x800 Pixels! I would use either Photoshop or Illustrator it depends on what the logo should look or should be. If you want to use your logo for other things than web then i would suggest Illustrator because it is a vector based program. but note its not as easy to use and dosnt have all the effects that photoshop provides! (For my Profile Picture I used ONLY Photoshop) ). ! Gimp, Paint.NET or Sumopaint are some other free alternatives to those Programms if you dont have the money. The complexity or the simplicity of you logo really depends on you and your channel - how you want to present yourself!
Hope i could help :)
Thank you!