I can't upload a new banner....

Saartjeexx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Heyy,

I wanted to upload a new banner because I changed my channel name. But Youtube said that I need to use a PNG, JPG or GIF file. So I tried different pictures that worked before and I even downloaded a random picture from google and they all refused to work. Youtube keeps saying the same. Then I tried it on my other channel with the banner that was for my main channel and it worked the first time I tried.
I used different browsers, logged out and logged in, deleted my history and cookies but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know what else I can do and what's wrong?

Thanks!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the branding / design forum. :)

Make sure it's a different file name maybe? Make sure the dimensions are correct too.

Saartjeexx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Moved to the branding / design forum. :)

Make sure it's a different file name maybe? Make sure the dimensions are correct too.
Oh sorry that I put it in the wrong catagory! And I tried that too. Nothing works :(

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Oh sorry that I put it in the wrong catagory! And I tried that too. Nothing works :(

It sounds like you have done everything correctly so you should probably contact YouTube support because it could be a bug.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

kevin12345

Reaction score
I am trying to upload an image to my channel art and logo but for some reason it keeps denying it. On youtube it says " There was an upload error. Make sure to upload a JPG, GIF or PNG file and try again." But the file size, imagine size are all correct and in the proper range. Also I tried JPG and PNG. Nothing So when i tried to upload it on Google it says "Can not upload photo". So i tried it on the main account and it works. So i realize on my main account it works but on my Brand account(google it if you do not know what a brand account is) it doesn't work. No idea Someone please help. Thanks

Saartjeexx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am trying to upload an image to my channel art and logo but for some reason it keeps denying it. On youtube it says " There was an upload error. Make sure to upload a JPG, GIF or PNG file and try again." But the file size, imagine size are all correct and in the proper range. Also I tried JPG and PNG. Nothing So when i tried to upload it on Google it says "Can not upload photo". So i tried it on the main account and it works. So i realize on my main account it works but on my Brand account(google it if you do not know what a brand account is) it doesn't work. No idea Someone please help. Thanks
I think it is a bug because today I am finally able to upload my banner. So I suggest you wait a few days and then maybe it will work.