I cant comment on videos?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem with my account maybe that I cant comment on YouTube videos? that's both my own videos and other peoples videos. :p It definitely isn't a ban or anything like that because I don't really comment on videos that much and i don't comment around on videos with links, etc.. doing spam advertising. :p or Is it a YouTube problem / glitch and it happens to everyone? :p

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Are the comments just not appearing after you post them, or are you running into a particular error?

If you get an error that the comment won't post, try clicking the video to start it, then stopping it, then trying to post the comment again. I don't know if the issue is still there but for some time YouTube had an issue where if you visited a comment directly from a notification and tried to respond, it would error if the video hadn't started playing. Just starting and stopping the video quickly is enough to fix that.

If you're able to comment but the comments just don't appear, then you may be getting put in YouTube's spam filter. One way that this can happen if you're genuinely not spamming is if you post a few comments in very quick succession, within seconds of each other. YouTube figures that must be spam, and so automatically flags your comments.