How's my channel trailer?

Kaitlyn Moore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello friends!
I just made a new channel trailer and was wondering if you guys thought it was good. Like does it say enough about my channel or should I delete it and make a new one again???

xoxo Kaitlyn

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello friends!
I just made a new channel trailer and was wondering if you guys thought it was good. Like does it say enough about my channel or should I delete it and make a new one again???

xoxo Kaitlyn
I saw nobody replied to your post, I was here and saw you did fashion so I thought I might leave it for the other fashionistas but they disappointed me. I decided to get in touch with my feminine side and help you out.

On a more serious note. Keep in mind that I am not your target audience so things that I don't like might be because of this reason.

I will start with, talk in your trailer. Don't just let the music run through everything, add the audio of the clips you showed. Keep the words and don't read them, a lot people do this and it breaks the flow if they read for example. You:"Challenges" *play clip showing an challenge example* You:"Makeup" *play clip showing an makeup example*.

Some of your thumbnails you look squashed such as your "How To Find Your Fashion Style: In 5 Easy Steps".

Avatar needs to fit in more with channel art. The random photo of you don't fit.

I understand this deviated from the channel trailer but a trailer is part of your first impressions so that I why I added the art as well.

The Plus Points: Even though I did not watch your other videos and got only a taste of your personality at the end of the trailer. It seems like you have a stunning personality and you yourself is a beautiful lady which helps your channel a lot. The catch phrase in your art "A video a week..." is brilliantly thought out. Your channel seem to stick to the theme and the colors which catches the eye except for the pesky avatar that does not fit.

I would say you could make a success out of this with some improvements here and there. Overall not bad and thank you for letting me get in touch with my feminine side. I know now where I want to go for my makeup tutorials.

Have a great day and best of luck

Kaitlyn Moore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I saw nobody replied to your post, I was here and saw you did fashion so I thought I might leave it for the other fashionistas but they disappointed me. I decided to get in touch with my feminine side and help you out.

On a more serious note. Keep in mind that I am not your target audience so things that I don't like might be because of this reason.

I will start with, talk in your trailer. Don't just let the music run through everything, add the audio of the clips you showed. Keep the words and don't read them, a lot people do this and it breaks the flow if they read for example. You:"Challenges" *play clip showing an challenge example* You:"Makeup" *play clip showing an makeup example*.

Some of your thumbnails you look squashed such as your "How To Find Your Fashion Style: In 5 Easy Steps".

Avatar needs to fit in more with channel art. The random photo of you don't fit.

I understand this deviated from the channel trailer but a trailer is part of your first impressions so that I why I added the art as well.

The Plus Points: Even though I did not watch your other videos and got only a taste of your personality at the end of the trailer. It seems like you have a stunning personality and you yourself is a beautiful lady which helps your channel a lot. The catch phrase in your art "A video a week..." is brilliantly thought out. Your channel seem to stick to the theme and the colors which catches the eye except for the pesky avatar that does not fit.

I would say you could make a success out of this with some improvements here and there. Overall not bad and thank you for letting me get in touch with my feminine side. I know now where I want to go for my makeup tutorials.

Have a great day and best of luck
Such fabulous advice thanks!
Yeah I just googled the proper dimensions for my thumbnails so hopefully they work out better now.
I'll do another photo shoot later and take a new profile picture its just hard keeping it up dated with my hair color always changing XD
Thanks so much for all the great tips it means a lot <3
xoxo Kaitlyn

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I mean SandMan's pretty much got you covered, dude's a review machine, it seems :laugh2:

I will say I agree with his talking comment wholeheartedly; your videos seem to be mostly about you directly talking to the camera about the video's topic, and that aspect doesn't seem to be represented well enough in the trailer. Your channel is as much about you and your personality as it is about makeup and fashion, and making it take a back seat is kind of hinders the appeal. I mean, someone's watching the trailer, sees all the "fashion" and "makeup" captions and they're like "K, nothing special here, just a run of the mill fashion channel" whereas what would set it apart from the others, your on-camera persona, is tucked away in the videos themselves. It's kinda weird that the only time we do get the experience the main draw for your channel is when you're asking people to subscribe, lol :laugh2:

As for the content itself, again, I'm hardly your target audience. As a dude, my idea of fashion is putting on pants, and making sure they're clean, it doesn't really go beyond that :laugh2: My gf will check out your channel though, she might be more qualified to comment. Other than that, your personality seems really fun and cheerful, and really gives energy to the vids, and again I think it's kinda the main draw for your channel and should be a bit more represented in the trailer.

Sorry for not being fashion-savvy enough to be of more assistance, hope I helped a bit, regardless. Good luck going forward! :thumbsup2: