How to turn viewers into subscribers?

Scimplify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello there,

I am making videos on health/nutrition for 2 months now, and I have noticed that people usually watch the videos but seldom subscribe. Is 'subscribe' such an alien term for people? Or do they just not care enough to subscribe? How do you actually turn viewers into subscribers?

Cheers!

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well it could be for numerous reasons. Maybe some of them don't have a youtube account...could be they don't want to or they just search your name whenever they feel like watching one of your videos. Maybe they don't know about the subscribe feature. In the end views gets the money, but a good following is the best. There's no solidified way to turn viewers into subscribers except to just keep uploading consistently and making good content. The people will subscribe if they wish to subscribe, if they don't you cant really make them subscribe. All I can really tell you for this is to keep uploading whenever you do (I upload daily) so just keep uploading and keep uploading GOOD content and they will come don't worry.

saBotage

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I would see it as this: series or channels with ongoing themes and the feel like a recurring feel to it, would be likely to get more subscribers. There're so many vids with topics you search once, and that doesn't give you any reason to subscribe to a channel.

Try and consider what would make you sub your own channel. Could you do any changes to provide a reason for them to subscribe?

I also have figured my audience doesn't like me to ask for subs and likes, i just say i wish to see them again, and outtro my vid. No "remember to do this and that for me".

My twomillion cents.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would consider what incentives you're giving them to subscribe. Are there regular features they could be alerted to? Do you make calls to action within your videos? If so, maybe you could play around with when you ask people to subscribe. Rather than at the end of a video, maybe ask at the beginning or the middle, and see how that affects your subscriber numbers. It's all about experimenting with your approach and continuously improving.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I looked at your stats and you're averaging about 1 subscriber for every 6 views. That's incredibly high. I would say anyone who gets a subscriber for every 30 views or less is already doing exceptionally well. So I would not be complaining. You should simply be working on how to get more views.

You're closing in on 1000 subscribers in just 2 months with under 6000 total views. That is incredibly rare.

Reactions: Sam4God

Scimplify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well it could be for numerous reasons. Maybe some of them don't have a youtube account...could be they don't want to or they just search your name whenever they feel like watching one of your videos. Maybe they don't know about the subscribe feature. In the end views gets the money, but a good following is the best. There's no solidified way to turn viewers into subscribers except to just keep uploading consistently and making good content. The people will subscribe if they wish to subscribe, if they don't you cant really make them subscribe. All I can really tell you for this is to keep uploading whenever you do (I upload daily) so just keep uploading and keep uploading GOOD content and they will come don't worry.
Thanks a lot !!!

Scimplify

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I looked at your stats and you're averaging about 1 subscriber for every 6 views. That's incredibly high. I would say anyone who gets a subscriber for every 30 views or less is already doing exceptionally well. So I would not be complaining. You should simply be working on how to get more views.

You're closing in on 1000 subscribers in just 2 months with under 6000 total views. That is incredibly rare.

Yes, I was lucky to get a shoutout from another youtuber, and that boosted the subscriber count. But its been very slow since then, and as you can tell the total views are not as high as they should be with 1000 subscribers. Anyway, will keep going :)
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1480348986,1480348904][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would consider what incentives you're giving them to subscribe. Are there regular features they could be alerted to? Do you make calls to action within your videos? If so, maybe you could play around with when you ask people to subscribe. Rather than at the end of a video, maybe ask at the beginning or the middle, and see how that affects your subscriber numbers. It's all about experimenting with your approach and continuously improving.
Thanks for the suggestions![DOUBLEPOST=1480349303][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would see it as this: series or channels with ongoing themes and the feel like a recurring feel to it, would be likely to get more subscribers. There're so many vids with topics you search once, and that doesn't give you any reason to subscribe to a channel.

Try and consider what would make you sub your own channel. Could you do any changes to provide a reason for them to subscribe?

I also have figured my audience doesn't like me to ask for subs and likes, i just say i wish to see them again, and outtro my vid. No "remember to do this and that for me".

My twomillion cents.

Thanks very much for the suggestion. That makes a lot of sense. I think I should try and play around with the call to action.

Cheers!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would love to know the same. I only get 1 sub per around 300 views.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
and as you can tell the total views are not as high as they should be with 1000 subscribers
I have 1,500 subs myself (actually reached that milestone a few days ago) and get only 100-200 views per video, so you're not doing really bad there at all