How to grow my gaming channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brilli2K

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, I feel like I have put out some very good starting videos but they only be seeming to get 30 views and 1 sub per video. Am I just being impatient and need to wait to grow or am I doing something wrong?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just keep on posting, and it will steadily grow! it´s rare on youtube to have success happening over night!

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Same boat, I'm writing this before checking out your videos, but reminds me of my story. I'm just past my first YouTube week and it's 1 sub per upload.

From the little bit of research I've been doing this week, I believe that if you want to grow, you have to promote. Either through a 3rd party or YouTube's in-house system. From my favourite channels that I've spoken to, they each said they started to promote, once they're content was good enough.

That's my other point, I've spoken to a few ppl that said they promoted too early and got a s**t ton of bad feedback.

The other option is of course wait 3-5 years...

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
In a week you dfeinitely wont see a huge growth unless you have a viral video, give it some time.
Also I'd work on the thumbnails a bit more, they need (IMO) better resolution, and something that says a bit more about the video itself.
peace

Reactions: Solid and Brilli2K

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its just gonna take time and effort man. If it was easy everyone would be youtube famous. Be consistent with your videos, always work on improving your channels quality, try to be a little different then every other gaming channel out there. When you think you are in a place were you dont have much more to improve on start to promote your channel. Be careful were and how you promote if you dont you could do more harm then good. No one likes spam. Keep away from things like sub for sub. Its not gonna be a sprint its a marathon. Gl man.

Brilli2K

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In a week you dfeinitely wont see a huge growth unless you have a viral video, give it some time.
Also I'd work on the thumbnails a bit more, they need (IMO) better resolution, and something that says a bit more about the video itself.
peace
Thanks, I'm not too good with photoshop atm[DOUBLEPOST=1485464908,1485464856][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its just gonna take time and effort man. If it was easy everyone would be youtube famous. Be consistent with your videos, always work on improving your channels quality, try to be a little different then every other gaming channel out there. When you think you are in a place were you dont have much more to improve on start to promote your channel. Be careful were and how you promote if you dont you could do more harm then good. No one likes spam. Keep away from things like sub for sub. Its not gonna be a sprint its a marathon. Gl man.
Thanks man

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi, I feel like I have put out some very good starting videos but they only be seeming to get 30 views and 1 sub per video. Am I just being impatient and need to wait to grow or am I doing something wrong?

Everyone wants to grow their channels so that means there are already hundreds of threads discussing this and we don't really need another general one. These threads always get locked otherwise the forum would be full of them. :)

I suggest you start reading some of the many other threads about strategy / growing a channel before starting any new ones and then you'll be in a better situation to ask some specific questions. :)

Here are some sections to check out:

http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/
http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tips-tutorials-help-guides.91/
http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-marketing-strategy-seo.88/

If you're looking for specific advice for your channel based on your existing channel or videos, then please ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :) If your thread complies with the review forum rules (at the top of the review forum), then it will be approved by a member of staff.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.