How to Create Effective Channel Trailer?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It’s pretty much already been said - keep it short and sweet, and explain what your channel is, and what it does..
My channel trailer shows in my signature, below. It gets the job done.

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I didn't put much effort into my channel trailer, as I, as a viewer, rarely watch them, and don't make a decision to sub or not based on the trailer. However, I wanted mine to be around 30 seconds, fast paced, and show a bit of my personality, and what viewers can expect from my channel. Ended it with a call-to-action. It's only been 2 days though, so no clue if it has any real impact or not though.

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
My current trailer is very plain and simple. It's low quality as well. I needed something quick to fill the void. When I get more content I'm going to probably make a mash up.

I feel like it should be under two minutes. YouTube suggests keeping it close to a minute long and I think that's a good start.

I think it should be concise and tell what the channel has to offer. Do something to grab their attention with the first seconds otherwise they may be inclined to steer away. I hate to admit it but our community has a short attention span.

Basically, try to make it a nice juicy sample of everything you've offered so far on your channel and what is likely to come!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk