How to Create Effective Channel Trailer?

Lachlan Hughes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi Everyone, this is my first post on this forum so please bare with me. I have recently launched my Youtube channel and am yet to create my Channel Trailer. Obviously, I want this to attract potential subscribers and keep them on my channel to watch and enjoy my videos.

Can anyone provide feedback and examples of great channel trailers; either yours or a link to someone else? Also, if you could explain why you think it is a great trailer, that would be great.

Feel free to check out my channel to provide feedback based on who you think my target audience is.

Cheers,

Lachlan

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wise men say keep it short and sweet and of course encourage people to subscribe. It had a channel trailer once like that but found out that one of my “normal” videos worked much MUCH better (I think the video is about 6 minutes long and it´s about Facebook. You can go check it out if you like). But I ask people to subscribe in the beginning of the vid (about 1 minute in or so) and this works great for me:)

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My current channel trailer is a fast-paced mashup of cut-scenes (even an outtake) from my other screencasts, underscored with an unpublished music track of mine (rather unobtrusive yet catchy music).
I'm still not sure whether to keep this intro clip or go with something else. Guess I'll keep it for the time being, though.
Just checked out your channel. No idea on your target audience...

Reactions: Lachlan Hughes

BuddyCrafted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer
Your channel trailer should feature things you enjoy doing on your channel. It should be anywhere from 40 second to 1.50 seconds.Mostly a mash up of some clips and make sure you show what your channel is all about!

Curiosity Ridge

I make Videos
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I recently posted a trailer. I believe a trailer should be short (no longer than a minute) and should adaquatly tell a viewer what it is your channel does as well as why you are different. I also added a bit about who I am and why my content should be trusted. This not only makes you seem more reputable on your subject, but also humanises and makes you potentially relatable.

BuddyCrafted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer
I recently posted a trailer. I believe a trailer should be short (no longer than a minute) and should adaquatly tell a viewer what it is your channel does as well as why you are different. I also added a bit about who I am and why my content should be trusted. This not only makes you seem more reputable on your subject, but also humanises and makes you potentially relatable.
Wonderful, it’s to the point and makes people want to watch more!

Reactions: Curiosity Ridge

PickleStar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I purposely made my channel trailer out of the norm of what trailers are usually. I am a comedy skit channel, and therefore, my channel trailer is also a comedy skit. Just to add onto what has already been said, make your channel trailer entertaining and fun, whether than just a boring visual description of things.

I think I messed up in making mine a little too long, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I purposely made my channel trailer out of the norm of what trailers are usually.
Your channel trailer is really good dude:) Very nice job:up2: I had a channel-trailer once but now I just use one of my videos as kind of a channel-trailer. I got a bit inspired by yours though so maybe I should try again with a new one. I like the fact that yours is a bit out of the norm

Reactions: PickleStar

SteveyBunk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
My channel trailer is essentially a mashup / montage of my shenanigans.
My channel is basically what makes me a big kid (I’m really 30) so it’s action themed. I purchased a royalty free bundle of music a few years ago, so I’m using one of those songs.

My videos are all mostly VLOGS, and I’m actually using my trailer as my outro for all of my new content. It’s only 1 minute long, which makes it nice for the end screen call to action.

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, channel trailers aren't that big of a deal like most people think they are. Here are some key tips for channel trailers:
  • Keep it short. 90-120 seconds is a great length.
  • Have a hook. People have short attention spans, especially during channel trailers. In the first 5 seconds, have something interesting/weird/attention-grabbing to say.
  • Say what your channel's about. Just some quick facts about you (your name, age, type of content, etc)
Hope you enjoyed these tips and found them helpful. Remember to not get too caught up in perfectionism.