HOW SOMEONE CAN REACT OR USE OTHER VIDEOS AND NOT GET COPYRIGHT

GuildFra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How some youtubers use like conor mcgregor videos and put them in their videos and not get copyright, on the other side , there are guys who uses few seconds of that and get strike what is the problem ?
And how youtubers make reaction videos without getting copyright strike ?

Any answer is appreciated thanks :)

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It depends on the context of the video being used. If you're taking a video and commentating about it, criticizing it as a work, or mocking it, then that's Fair Use. In fact, there's even a legal precedent for this. The case is called Hosseinzadeh v. Klein. This was a case where Matt Hoss filed a lawsuit against Ethan and Hila Klein of h3h3productions for using his copyright work and mocking it. The judge ruled this was Fair Use, as it transformed the original work. (The purpose of the video was to mock and criticize Matt Hoss in an entertaining way, which has a much different intended purpose of the original work.) This ruling does not apply to all reaction-type videos, however. And has actually listed reaction type videos where there is a facecam in the corner with minimal commentary as something of an exception. So, if you want to do a Laugh You Lose and all you do is stare at the video, you'll probably get copyright claimed. Hope this helped!

GuildFra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah thanks for reply
I have another question , how then some chennels like "fight zone" are using conor fights, conor vs floyd press conference without getting strike and still put ads on it?
I mean he is not changing the content he is just copying and cut a few times.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah thanks for reply
I have another question , how then some chennels like "fight zone" are using conor fights, conor vs floyd press conference without getting strike and still put ads on it?
I mean he is not changing the content he is just copying and cut a few times.
Either they haven't been caught yet or the ads belong to the copyright owner and the uploader isn't getting any money for them.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To expand on Idec's comment, just because you see videos not being taken down doesn't mean that the channel is earning money from them. The original copyright holder could have claimed the video and all of the ad revenue is going to the proper rights holder.

Reactions: GuildFra

GuildFra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To expand on Idec's comment, just because you see videos not being taken down doesn't mean that the channel is earning money from them. The original copyright holder could have claimed the video and all of the ad revenue is going to the proper rights holder.
But who will report them if they take content from popular sports players ? To who that content belongs to?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
But who will report them if they take content from popular sports players ? To who that content belongs to?
The copyright detection filter. Companies send their work to this filter, and then if the filter detects a video that seems to have replicated that, it can auto copyright claim or send the video to the original owner.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It probably belongs to the companies the players work for. But the only people who can report copyright violations are the copyright owners themselves. The most you or someone else could do is alert the copyright owner to it.

GuildFra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If they don't get caught
you want to say that people who are making top 10 or some funny compilation are not making money of videos or that video will get strike?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If they don't get caught
you want to say that people who are making top 10 or some funny compilation are not making money of videos or that video will get strike?
If the video gets a strike, you won't see it on YouTube because it would be removed.

Yes, some of those compilation videos are claimed by other people. Some of them may be claimed by multiple sources. I have no idea how YouTube figures out how to split the revenue. In those cases, the creator gets no earnings.