How much time do you put into each video?

I think it depends on the person and on the type of video they are making.
Personally it takes me around 3 hours to do a quick 2-4 minute App Review, around 5-7 hours to do a Top 3 Apps of the Week Video, and around 10-12 hours to do a 10 App Best App List Review.
So I really think it varies on the type of video and the amount of content in each video.

it usually takes me about forty minutes-two hours and then about one hour of editing which is not that bad

For me it depends on the type of video. for example a meaningful commentary where i want to get a point across will take longer than a lets play part

I was just curious? I understand obviously it's different for the types of videos you upload, for example an FPSRussia video takes quite abit longer than a Pewdiepie video! :)

For me it varies considerably, my most recent project I've been working on for almost two months now and as an estimate of actual time put in it's probably around 100 hours of work 0_o but then my last video was roughly 10 hours of work, (not taking into account my timelapse videos).

So what is it like for you? What is the creation process for you like aswell? :)
actually i can tell pewdiepie puts in a lot more effort than most poeple. he's pretty good at knowing what to edit out to keep the pace of the video going.

for me i just upload streams and when i have something i want to make like a montage or soemthing then i'll put in a good amount of time lining up teh clips and junk. i think it's good to have easy content along side the long stuff :)

Planning, research, and testing. Prep time, measuring, weighing, setting out ingredients, lighting adjustments. Cooking/baking and filming. Clean up. Writing the important stuff for voice over. Doing the voice over. Editing. 6 1/2 hours to 8 hours per video x twice a week.

For the music portion, it takes around 5-7 hours (spread out over a week or so). Then around 2 hours for filming, then another 3-4 hours to edit. Around 2 hours to do cover artwork, then an hour or so for promotion stuff. So.. 16 hours... and I wonder where my life goes.

In my case it can take starting from around 16 hours to much more... (days, even weeks if it's very complicated) Because I do everything, ideas, voice acting, music, mixing, mastering, animation, editing, post, and anything else I forgot..
Also, I do this on my free time only, sometimes in-between projects at the studio (whenever I got a chance).

My favorite creation process is... everything from NOTHING to SOMETHING... it starts with INSANE idea in my head, and at the end there is a Cartoon!

That's why I can't upload a video every week or on a specific schedule, But the end result is great and in most cases my subscribers happy with the content.
smile.png

* Sorry about my bad English.

It depends- if it's just me talking it can be more like 45 minutes, but can go into a few hours if I'm using props and whatnot.

For editing, I think the quickest I've managed so far has been about two hours, and the longest was probably my most recent video- I was editing it for about nine hours in total! I've got writing in it that pops up on screen- that was done in a separate program and took about 20 minutes per set of writing (fairly inexperienced with the software that I was using), so that took up a few hours in itself.

Before I started making videos I really didn't have any appreciation for how much time actually goes into making them. I knew that YT was a time consuming hobby, but in all honesty, I'd just figured the YTers were exaggerating... 'surely editing a 90-120 second video doesn't take that long!!!' Oh yes it certainly does!!! :D

Back