How much time do you put into each video?

FelizStrø

I was just curious? I understand obviously it's different for the types of videos you upload, for example an FPSRussia video takes quite abit longer than a Pewdiepie video! :)

For me it varies considerably, my most recent project I've been working on for almost two months now and as an estimate of actual time put in it's probably around 100 hours of work 0_o but then my last video was roughly 10 hours of work, (not taking into account my timelapse videos).

So what is it like for you? What is the creation process for you like aswell? :)

Approximately 5 hours per video. But i do gameplays/Lets Plays.
Now multiply to the amounts of videos i ever created:
(334+349)*5 = 3415 hours :3

I'm very new to this, but basically my first 3 videos: about 5 hours each.

My Top 5 Awkward Games video: 28 hours in total.

It all depends on the category of the video. I've spend usually around an hour plus in just editing.

(Everyone else has small answers, so I think I'll be a bit more in-depth)

Well, I'll go through the process for me. I upload every 3 days, so this gives me 3 days to work on each video.

The first day I usually spend choosing the topic to discuss, doing some research on the topic and writing down some keypoints. I will figure out how I'm going to approach the subject, and debate with myself whether or not I agree with what the topic is. This can take an hour or the entire day, but I must know what I'm talking about so I don't look stupid if I get proved wrong.

The second day is recording, I'll set up the lights and clean up my room (seriously haha). The recording process usually takes about an hour (including bloopers and unusable footage), this leaves me with aboouuttt 10-20 minutes of usable footage. Some things might get re-recorded, or wont even make it to the computer.

The third day is editing, I'll try my best to edit around lunchtime because that's when the creative juices are really flowing. I'll edit the jumpcuts, text effects and such. But, at the same time I'll write down points of the best bloopers and such that I will use in my Blooper Reels. Editing can take an hour or so, but it's the rendering that takes the longest. Since I don't have an amazing computer, the render settings I use can take up to an hour and a half to complete. But hey? Things you gotta do ay? hahah.

Uploading is quick, taking only 30 minutes.

Then I just repeat the process everyday. :)

I was just curious? I understand obviously it's different for the types of videos you upload, for example an FPSRussia video takes quite abit longer than a Pewdiepie video! :)

For me it varies considerably, my most recent project I've been working on for almost two months now and as an estimate of actual time put in it's probably around 100 hours of work 0_o but then my last video was roughly 10 hours of work, (not taking into account my timelapse videos).

So what is it like for you? What is the creation process for you like aswell? :)
I work hard on each video that i bring to the channel and can't even count the hours of work i know it's alot though but i make sure my video is nicely prepared in hd and audio and everything is fine and then i make it public and do whatever edits/enhancements i feel may be neccessary.:)

Back