How Many BIG YouTuber Use A Forum

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You have sooo many big YouTube channels out in YouTube land and I was wondering I know a lot of them started a few years ago and put time and hard work and others I have seen start and get a huge following in a short amount of time... I was just thinking how many BIG youtubers used a forum...I think this forum started in 2011 not sure but before this forum how did the big youtubers gain a following without help??? how many forums are out on the internet for youtube creators...

Also how do some people that have a HUGE following and gain so many followers??? I mean sites like twitter and instagram.. Did they just spam the hell out of it from the start and add random people???

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean @Crown is a famous youtuber.

he should shed some light onto the situation

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have sooo many big YouTube channels out in YouTube land and I was wondering I know a lot of them started a few years ago and put time and hard work and others I have seen start and get a huge following in a short amount of time... I was just thinking how many BIG youtubers used a forum...I think this forum started in 2011 not sure but before this forum how did the big youtubers gain a following without help??? how many forums are out on the internet for youtube creators...

Also how do some people that have a HUGE following and gain so many followers??? I mean sites like twitter and instagram.. Did they just spam the hell out of it from the start and add random people???
Well some people just have a little something extra, on top of luck and timing and promotion. So I guess it is harder for some people to grow than others - like me, I don't have a particularly flamboyant style, and I worry about being boring. Also have some technical failings but I am growing - just slowly. There are many people on par with me. If I managed to really stand out somehow it would be a different story.

I don't know if I would post so much here if I became a big success, like millions, running a channel like that might be a full time sort of affair, and I would be making three times as many videos. I would pop in every once in a while though at the very least I owe this place a lot, I wouldn't just abandon the place.

I wonder how many people would ask for inappropriate favours, like shout outs and the like. Maybe it would become unbareable, but I can't really see this community as being too capable of that.

Idk

Reactions: Redford1900

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know of any but I feel this is a good way to get linked with other youtubers if they want to collaborate or to give tips for your videos.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
its just one of those things that someone watched, thought was hilarious/amazing and shared it, and it happened to go to people who also thought it was hilarious/amazing and they also shared and followed.

sites can help, that showcase the odd youtube video, depending on it's content. I would say fan sites and funny sites are a great way to get a new audience

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know of any but I feel this is a good way to get linked with other youtubers if they want to collaborate or to give tips for your videos.
I agree I have learned a lot on this forum... collabs not so much.. I guess my area sucks lol

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree I have learned a lot on this forum... collabs not so much.. I guess my area sucks lol
It's definitely been a struggle with collabs for me too man. I think virtual collabs or online collabs would work better for me because I only know one youtube locally and that's just because he's already my friend!:)

RocketTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's definitely been a struggle with collabs for me too man. I think virtual collabs or online collabs would work better for me because I only know one youtube locally and that's just because he's already my friend!:)
Collabs, ugh, been trying for a bit but they never pan out. BTW, love the mug you have there, have one of those myself but it sits on a shelf and never has coffee in it.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ive seen the fastest growing toy youtuber of last year posting in here. Over million subs.

I think they made content that was relevant and trending at the time and it helped.

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
before this forum how did the big youtubers gain a following without help???
Keep in mind the time difference. A lot of YTbers back then didn't /need/ forums, they were the main sources of decent quality videos available on YT. It was either stolen content or original stuff of decent caliber. The original stuff was just that, original and unique! People like Smosh and Fred (first two I thought of from back then) felt more approachable and relateable than a stolen flick. When people found those videos back then, it wasn't a hard decision to share! Look at these crazy people doing crazy things, you didn't easily have that ability back then to see those things.

As time went on, it soon became apparent that it was something /anyone/ could do, but by then, the original gang already grew a decent following to be seen as the top dogs. They didn't need to push promotion that much, fans were continuing to do it for them. (And it was made a lot easier thanks to newer sites like FB, Twitter, etc.) Since anyone and everyone can make a channel, now you have a flood of people trying to get big in an almost infinite ocean. Due to the increasing number of options of things available to watch, it's easy for any content to get lost.

For us new people, we can't use the same methods as before, it's a completely different playing field. We /have/ to go different routes and work a lot harder because of how over-saturated the content is nowadays versus what it used to be. Large followings can happen, you just need to be smart, act quick, know your target audience, and have a little bit of luck. (And some patience!) I don't mean to make it sound easy, because for the vast majority of us, it's certainly not!

It can get frustrating, for sure, but if you're passionate about it, and doing what you do makes you happy, then the hard work will be worth it :)