How long did it take for you guys to reach 1000 subs?

ASMRher

Just curious, how long did it take for you guys to reach 1000 subs?
I'm gaining 1-2 subs each day but feels like it's a slow process. But I also don't want to do sub for sub, I want real audiences!
Any suggestions?

Hmm try commenting on channels that are of similar niche, join communities on facebook related to your genre. For me it took me 2 months to hit that 1k milestone, but bare in mind i have a small community on facebook and instagram so that probably helped.

It took me more than four years to reach the magic 1000 number, Nowadays my main channel is gaining 400-500 subscribers a day, according to SocialBlade but I still value and appreciate every new subscriber. Every one is important. According to last months statistics, more than 40% of the views on the channel came from the subscribers. I think it also helps that I don't trick or ask in every video for people to subscribe. They subscribe because they like what they see and want to get more.

My suggestion is continue what you do and get better over time. Find what is liked and disliked by people. Eventually people will start following you, because they want to.

I have a few channels and all took/taking different amounts of time.
'EVO' took a year to reach first 1000 subs.
I have other channels that are 5+years old that have not yet reached 1000 subs.

I just started my channel and am averaging around 3-4 subs every week, it's a different process for everyone. The numbers really depend on a couple things. First off, the most confusing thing is audience size. If you have a large audience size, it's hard to get started, but once you get big, you grow really big, and exponentially. With smaller audiences however, you can normally gain a following pretty fast, but once you make it big, you gain tons of subs for a couple months, and then the growth dies out, cause there aren't enough people to subscribe to you to make you really big. The easiest thing to understand, which is the one everyone should be working on, is quality. I don't mean "Oh, I'm gonna get a new microphone/camera/computer/etc. , I mean the actual video. Is it funny, is it interesting, that sort of thing. Your best friend in that department is editing. Spend more time editing, and if you think of a really cool effect, but it will take an hour or two, do it! If people realize that, for once, someone on this platform called YouTube is actually putting effort into their videos, people will come. I saw a drastic difference in growth when I switched from bare-bones let's plays to highly editing funny moments. I hope this helps you, and have a wonderful day!

Back