How is this possible..

Dimo Dimov

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello,it's dimpitsoon here and i want to ask you guys how is this even possible.Since i started my channel 2 weeks ago i have 11 videos, 26 subs and 500 views from all my videos together.One of my friends who have started 4 days ago doing videos of CS:GO like me has 3 videos since then.The first one got 3300 views,the second one got 300 and the third one got almost 2000.and 50+ subs.I feel great for him and his succes but how is this possible i still don't understand.Is it luck or idk.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowCaptain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
He might of shared his videos on Reddit or some other site.

Dimo Dimov

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, either someone else shared it or it got up as a result for something searched a lot.
well his first video didn't have any tags lel.And the other ones i am using as well sometimes.[DOUBLEPOST=1453984292,1453984247][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe he used better clickbait titles or keywords in his videos?

or could it possibly be that your friend shared on Facebook about his channel or something?
Well they are pretty basic titles and he just uploaded them.He didn't share on facebook and stuff like that except google+ i think.

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
It is obvious he sold his soul to Ebutuoy the dark lord of Youtube. He will give only his most loyal of minions the views.

Or it is just luck.. Perhaps he is entertaining and someone shared.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
He might be more entertaining than you or perhaps he is promoting his content on reddit and other social medias.

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Eh to me when your channel is smaller, everything's a lot more random and up to chance. It's just once one of your videos starts making a connection to some type of search result or related video, thats when the views (and subs) start to come it. It just sounds like he has hit that with one or two of his videos. Look at his channel and see what videos in particular are doing well.

After that perhaps check your own tags and meta data. Getting in with the search results gang means putting time into your tags to see what works, what doesn't, as well as making your own youtube searches for videos relating to your own and seeing what searches are recommended and what videos are related.

Perhaps he may have a more delicious thumbnail as well. Try improving yours for eye catchiness. Who knows? Could lead to a fluctuation of viewers from a related search you didn't know your video was in.

In any case, it's way too soon to start getting down about it bud ^_^ It's most likely just luck given how many factors are involved.
Just keep pumping out the videos, improving each time, and sharing around. You'll be good to go :thumbsup2:

Reactions: Sabrina