How do you get an audience in your first video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congrats on taking the first step! My first couple videos were more of testing the water and seeing hwo the process goes. I really didn't expect much. After that I just tried to make each video better than the last. Less "ums" better cuts etc...

After looking at my analytics, 60% of my views come from YouTube Search. I have 700+ followers on Twitter and only 1.5% of my views come from there. So in my honest opinion I would say that Proper Tags, Title, Description, and Thumbnail are what will be most effective.

Moses Minchuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's really exciting! You really need use all means to promote your channel at this point, ask your friends and family to share the video on their social media as well.
However, my recommendation is to launch your channel once you have atleast 3 videos. Think about it, if you go out of your way right now and attract people to your channel they are only going to see one video and won't think it's worth subscribing just yet, but if you had a few this would likely make them see that you are staring to upload regularly.
I understand now

Reactions: PinProject

Moses Minchuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats on taking the first step! My first couple videos were more of testing the water and seeing hwo the process goes. I really didn't expect much. After that I just tried to make each video better than the last. Less "ums" better cuts etc...

After looking at my analytics, 60% of my views come from YouTube Search. I have 700+ followers on Twitter and only 1.5% of my views come from there. So in my honest opinion I would say that Proper Tags, Title, Description, and Thumbnail are what will be most effective.
Thanks

BMHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congratulations on starting a YouTube channel. Don't expect to get many views on the first few videos no matter what quality they are. You will need time to get recognized on YouTube and not only that but you will need time to get high rankings in the search engine as well. So for the first few videos you will have to be patient.
But there are some things you can do:
1. Make sure to use lots of tags on your videos and to write long descriptions because YouTube looks for keywords in them and when people search for those words your videos have a better chance to pop up.
2. Customize your channel: Make a high quality banner and profile picture, write a good channel description about what you upload about and what your goals are, and make sure to customize your channel layout because it will be easier to browse on your channel.
3. Make engaging, catchy thumbnails and titles for your videos.
4. Have a consistent upload schedule and share it with your viewers. This way people will expect your videos and will always be there to watch them.
5. And the most important part is to enjoy what you are doing. There might be times when you will think that you should stop but always think about why you started and never give up!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHANNEL!:)

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I started with my family, friends, and social media contacts. It was slow-going at first, but it does start the pump, so to speak.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All beginnings are going to be slow. I just started my gaming channel for when I don't have anything to upload on my main channel. And that first video only has 17 views in the first day. Pretty pathetic right? Wrong... That's 17 people who took the time to watch the video. Sure, I wish more of my subscribers would participate and check the video out such is life. I have never begged for views and I am not going to start now. It is a side gig to my side gig. So while I care for it, I focus most my energy on the main channel.

Secretly though, I hope it can grow into a similar channel as my main, with the same amount of interaction and viewership.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Congratulations on starting a YouTube channel. Don't expect to get many views on the first few videos no matter what quality they are. You will need time to get recognized on YouTube and not only that but you will need time to get high rankings in the search engine as well. So for the first few videos you will have to be patient.
But there are some things you can do:
1. Make sure to use lots of tags on your videos and to write long descriptions because YouTube looks for keywords in them and when people search for those words your videos have a better chance to pop up.
2. Customize your channel: Make a high quality banner and profile picture, write a good channel description about what you upload about and what your goals are, and make sure to customize your channel layout because it will be easier to browse on your channel.
3. Make engaging, catchy thumbnails and titles for your videos.
4. Have a consistent upload schedule and share it with your viewers. This way people will expect your videos and will always be there to watch them.
5. And the most important part is to enjoy what you are doing. There might be times when you will think that you should stop but always think about why you started and never give up!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHANNEL!:)

Hi @BMHD

This thread is from 2015. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread that is discussing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.