How do you find music to post on your channel

jmichael1

Reaction score
Note:This is a question for people who have/had a music channel.

Hi I'm a youtuber and I post music on my channel similar to channels like NCS or suicide sheep and I wanted to know how do you find music and contact the creater/artists and also if you want you could also give me some tips about running a music channel.Thanks

Reactions: HC.SameerPatil

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

Hi I'm a youtuber and I post music on my channel similar to channels like NCS or suicide sheep and I wanted to know how do you find music and contact the creater/artists and also if you want you could also give me some tips about running a music channel.Thanks

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can also go to my channel I have over 370 copyright free songs, search empire sounds - no copyright music

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I had a thing where I really wanted a popular song for a video. What a did was I found someone doing an acoustic cover/cover of it and contacted them. That person was more than happy to allow the use of their cover

Reactions: UhoohExtra

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Hey Michael, I have a few ideas that could help you (I hope it does ;)). So music is a huge aspect to my videos and I am always on the lookout for music that I can put in my vlogs etc. My method of finding music is searching up "non-copyrighted royalty free music" and then filtering the search to uploads either in the current month or current week. This way you get fresh music that hasn't already been re-used by other creators and you have the right to use the music in your videos. If you come across a copyright free audio make sure to read the description as the content creator usually has rules as to how their music can be used.

I hope this helped you in some way. Good luck with your channel Michael :dance:

Reactions: mamccurley

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a thing where I really wanted a popular song for a video. What a did was I found someone doing an acoustic cover/cover of it and contacted them. That person was more than happy to allow the use of their cover
This is EXTREMELY risky, because even though the cover artist gave you permission to use the song, he or she doesn’t have the legal right to do so.

Cover songs still have to get permission from the original artist through a mechanical license. Otherwise, it’s an illegal cover. And even if the cover artist did get permission and a mechanical license, that license doesn’t give the artist the right to extend the original copyright to yet another party - you. There’s a good chance that both the cover artist and your video that uses it could get demonetized at best or taken down with a copyright strike at worst.

I’d suggest a thorough read of the article “Using Cover Songs On YouTube” on the LegalZoom Website. I’d post a link here but I can’t.

A short quote from the article:

Thousands of times a month, someone posts a cover song on YouTube. And whether the video is a live band performance or a toddler singing from her high chair, most of those cover songs are posted without permission from the song’s copyright holder—meaning they’re infringing someone’s copyright.

If the copyright owner complains, YouTube may remove your video. And if you’re a repeat offender, your YouTube channel—and all its data—may be permanently deleted. In rare instances, you might even be sued for copyright infringement.”

Last edited:

CJsToyBox

Reaction score
I bought the $40 lifetime TubeBuddy membership that comes with access to AudioHero. That gives me 20 downloads/month. Also paid for an annual membership to another site that gives me access to VFX, SFX and music. Can't remember the name of it right now - will need to find and come back to post.

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I use Epidemic Sound. They're doing a 30 day free trial right now but it's not that expensive per month anyway. & you get access to a whole range of music, just type in the category or what you're looking for then listen & download :)

Reactions: Gamayun

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use Epidemic Sound. They're doing a 30 day free trial right now but it's not that expensive per month anyway. & you get access to a whole range of music, just type in the category or what you're looking for then listen & download :)
I did not know about them. Thanks for sharing this info

Reactions: Nikki120113