How do you build from 20-100 or more views?

NawarGaming

Reaction score
I have been sharing, even though i dont have followers on social media, but shared with my friends a long time ago, been consistent and putting tags well and using tubebuddy. Some say it takes time which i believe, ive been doing this for 2 years now, but some others say you cant since there are other big youtubers already taking the spot. Im trying to collab with more people with an audience themselves but it seems like those people are hard to find even though i have been searching. I just need tips, or some support, because i'm not exactly sure what to do right now except making more videos and ranking them well as planned.

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When your doing your SEO, are your videos ranking within 1-10 at all? I'd say you need this because any less and people ignore it. Have you tried your luck on reddit at all?
I've noticed if you get good views in the first few hours it ranks you better but also need audience engagement such a likes and comments etc.

Why not ask a question for your audience in your videos which will get them to interact more but do it towards the start of the video before people click off.

Also be sure to communicate and be active in other large channels because if you get a liked comment on a big channel it will drive part of that audience to yourself.

Hope this helps in any way.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From personal experience i have to say its all subscribers.Basically you have to grow a small community and focus on 1 content so for example if a person vlogs a lot he will start getting a vlog community audience because for some people if your video entertains them enough they will stay enough to expect the same kind of content from you.So ya basically its all about loyal subscribers staying for more video which i myself have noticed from mine out of 400 subscribers only about 200 of them will watch my videos in 1 week also just a note i have noticed channels with more than 200k subscribers getting only about 20k views in a 1 week so its all content+what attracts those subscribers you caught earlier on.

NawarGaming

Reaction score
When your doing your SEO, are your videos ranking within 1-10 at all? I'd say you need this because any less and people ignore it. Have you tried your luck on reddit at all?
I've noticed if you get good views in the first few hours it ranks you better but also need audience engagement such a likes and comments etc.

Why not ask a question for your audience in your videos which will get them to interact more but do it towards the start of the video before people click off.

Also be sure to communicate and be active in other large channels because if you get a liked comment on a big channel it will drive part of that audience to yourself.

Hope this helps in any way.
I know what you mean but I don't rank that high, I don't really see how that's possible with a lot of big YouTubers out already with more views and retention, and I'll try Reddit[DOUBLEPOST=1500585015,1500584957][/DOUBLEPOST]
From personal experience i have to say its all subscribers.Basically you have to grow a small community and focus on 1 content so for example if a person vlogs a lot he will start getting a vlog community audience because for some people if your video entertains them enough they will stay enough to expect the same kind of content from you.So ya basically its all about loyal subscribers staying for more video which i myself have noticed from mine out of 400 subscribers only about 200 of them will watch my videos in 1 week also just a note i have noticed channels with more than 200k subscribers getting only about 20k views in a 1 week so its all content+what attracts those subscribers you caught earlier on.
It's hard for me to expand the community, but I believe in what you're saying

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Look at a YouTuber called RiskRim, he has 400k subs, used to get 100k+ views a video now he gets about 1-3k a video. His channels almost dead.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know what you mean but I don't rank that high, I don't really see how that's possible with a lot of big YouTubers out already with more views and retention, and I'll try Reddit[DOUBLEPOST=1500585015,1500584957][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's hard for me to expand the community, but I believe in what you're saying
Interact with your audience,reply to comments ask them questions through your videos as well just do anything to make them feel involved.I have noticed a youtuber who does comic videos called
"comicsexplained" is actually building a fan base by naming it and hell its growing his channel very fast.

NawarGaming

Reaction score
Interact with your audience,reply to comments ask them questions through your videos as well just do anything to make them feel involved.I have noticed a youtuber who does comic videos called
"comicsexplained" is actually building a fan base by naming it and hell its growing his channel very fast.
Okay I see, yeah I'll do that more, I understand what you mean[DOUBLEPOST=1500595236,1500595209][/DOUBLEPOST]
Look at a YouTuber called RiskRim, he has 400k subs, used to get 100k+ views a video now he gets about 1-3k a video. His channels almost dead.
Dang, why is that?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
post on a subreddit. I've done it for a while and my video finally went viral. Find your niche in a subreddit but contribute to the community.

ksjlow

Reaction score
Wow! That is surprising to me. Unless the channel is no longer posting the same genre of videos previously posted. If not, it is surprising to see views drop from 100k+ to only 3k+