How do I script for vlogs

Dime_fan3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there,

I'm in the process of creating a new channel that will include a mix of vlogs and Let's play style videos.

I'm curious to know what a vloggers process is for scripting - do you just do notes, or do you write down exactly what to say?

I'm currently writing stuff, but I'm finding I'm doing more of a cross between dot points and exact scripting (almost like I'm just writing a blog, to be honest.)

Would anyone have a few tips/pointers to writing for a vlog?

I would like to get to the point where I can just free for all, but I'm not the best at it yet, so I'd like that safety net.

Thanks!

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like to have an exact idea of what I'm going to be talking about. If I'm doing a "chatty, sit down" video, I usually have a solid script that I go by. If I'm vlogging my run or hike, I usually like to go with the flow, but still have notes handy if I have an idea that I want to get across.

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am doing bullet points myself. From what I have been told, do script if you can make it not sound robotic like or planned out. If you sound as if you are reading from a piece of paper and not just coming up with stuff on the spot then do not do it. I feel as if I do not at least do bullet points I will be having a lot of 'ums' and 'ahs' in my video and I know I will not like that nor viewers.

Good luck with your channel :)

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never script. It has worked well for me too. I have an idea in my head on what the video will be about and what I want it to end up as and just go for it. I feel that if I script I get distracted and am not fully myself. :)

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If usually bullet point or just write down little notes to keep myself on track! I find if I were to write it all down I'd sound robotic