How Do I Get Video Ideas

Kaitlyn Moore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello!
So lately ive had trouble thinking of video ideas since Im steering away from make up tutorials because mine sucked lol. But now I dont know what to post, I dont wanna do the same videos everyone else posts because it gets old.. So any tips you have for my channels videos would be great I was thinking maybe doing a top 10 and lookbooks or just sit down and talk about things but I dont want my videos to be boring.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello!
So lately ive had trouble thinking of video ideas since Im steering away from make up tutorials because mine sucked lol. But now I dont know what to post, I dont wanna do the same videos everyone else posts because it gets old.. So any tips you have for my channels videos would be great I was thinking maybe doing a top 10 and lookbooks or just sit down and talk about things but I dont want my videos to be boring.
You could always mix in the way you do the videos. Like if you don't like doing a certain type then just don't bother with it but if it's something you want to do but worried about it being boring, just kind of tell funny stories or just add random chit chat here and there when you're feeling it's getting a little bit boring if that makes any sense?
So like if you were doing a tutorial, just add in little stories or update people on what you've been up to because stuff like that always seems to be great gap fillers.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello!

If you suck now, there's no harm in practice! You could always do makeup on yourself several times without filming and take notes on what seems to work and what doesn't.

With regards to makeup, you could talk about your favourite brands, your favourite products, products you hate, best cruelty-free brands, makeup looks/trends you love and hate.
Lookbooks are also super fun; I love those! Perhaps a spring/summer one, or even still a winter one as its not March for a few weeks yet!
Plus, there's also themed ones you could do - like an entire lookbook from a single store, a thrifty/cheap/second-hand one, a holiday one, a movie or game-inspired one, etc.

Those are just what spring to mind, I hope you get some inspiration soon!

Kaitlyn Moore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If you suck now, there's no harm in practice! You could always do makeup on yourself several times without filming and take notes on what seems to work and what doesn't.

With regards to makeup, you could talk about your favourite brands, your favourite products, products you hate, best cruelty-free brands, makeup looks/trends you love and hate.
Lookbooks are also super fun; I love those! Perhaps a spring/summer one, or even still a winter one as its not March for a few weeks yet!
Plus, there's also themed ones you could do - like an entire lookbook from a single store, a thrifty/cheap/second-hand one, a holiday one, a movie or game-inspired one, etc.

Those are just what spring to mind, I hope you get some inspiration soon!
Wowzers thank you! You're really good with thinking of ideas! :D

Reactions: darkstarmedia

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wowzers thank you! You're really good with thinking of ideas! :D
Oh bless, thank you! I've seen types of videos like the ones I suggested before, and people seem to respond really well to them - it's a great way of figuring out what your demographic is, as well as allowing your audience to get to know you a little better at the same time. Best of luck, honey!

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Kaitlyn :wavespin:

I don't know anything about makeup. I don't wear makeup but I wouldn't mind wearing makeup for photoshoots. So for me, I would like to see videos that show how to apply makeup for natural looks, bad girl looks, etc. You could talk about the different make ups to use for specific looks and demonstrate how to apply them. :)

Hello!
Hello!

Reactions: Reetae27

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Also, just for future ideas, make sure to always have some way to record down ideas on you. Like a notepad and pencil by your bedside or typing it on your phone. That way when you think of an idea, you'll be able to instantly put it down so you don't forget.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Also, just for future ideas, make sure to always have some way to record down ideas on you. Like a notepad and pencil by your bedside or typing it on your phone. That way when you think of an idea, you'll be able to instantly put it down so you don't forget.
I second that. What will usually happen with me is I’ll be watching something and an idea will pop in my head or something will happen during the day that I thought was funny and I’ll write it down. Most if not all of my ideas aren’t complete thoughts usually so I have a lot but nothing at the same time haha

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I would focus on the type of videos you intend to make and the audiance yo uwill be targetting first, then you can spin off into thinking of ideas for videos. A fun trick I do for both videos and art, is to put themes, adjectives, nouns or topics into a box and draw two randomly and work from there.