How do I earn revenue on youtube

tsakisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s good. Seems promising. Cause not everyone can reach 100.000 views to make an income.

Cometary

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru, Designer
Don't rely on advertising income from youtube. It takes years and millions of view. It's better to get sponsors and do product or service promos.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
lol people start youtube with the sole focus on making money. It is a good way to start your failure and burn out.

it is really cents on the 1,000s

You can make decent (not live-able) if you hit around 50k - 100k views a video. Youtube is not the place to make money unless you get mad famous. Ea passing year it is getting less and less because it is becoming overly saturated.

Do youtube because you like making videos, content, enjoy a community. Not to get paid and be famous.

tsakisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think my response might of been misunderstood. I'm on youtube because I enjoy making videos and I can't see myself not doing so, but people also do want to get something back from making those videos and spending time and money sometimes doing so, it's not about the money but people of course will consider the payment.

But for me, I just love creating videos.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think my response might of been misunderstood. I'm on youtube because I enjoy making videos and I can't see myself not doing so, but people also do want to get something back from making those videos and spending time and money sometimes doing so, it's not about the money but people of course will consider the payment.

But for me, I just love creating videos.
that is a good mentality to have. to be honest, it was a lot more back then (from what my friend told me. Like off 1 video he would make $50 off of I think 5k views or so?) A lot to consider though, there is a bunch of technology to remove ads now and days such as ad block plus and stuff. then they have to click on the ad.

as far as income, so I follow this guy named everide. He is pretty popular in the dualsport community. in one of his videos when he had around 50k subs at the time, he mentioned he made around 100 - 200 a month (not sure if that included after YOUtube takes or before) My guess is, if you are at the the 100k sub mark you might make 200 - 500 a month off of ads. everide used to be a teacher, and quit his career to be a fulltime dirtbike rider. His money comes from rides, patreons, and sponsors from what he said in his video. YT ads was the least amount.

but the real money comes form affiliate links and patreon. Another guy I follow is called the dirtbikechannel. its confirmed he makes around 20k a month from youtube. (not ads but his website and affiliate links)

--------------------

A good mentality to have in YT is just enjoy making videos and dont think about the money, because the average, many of us wont make it to 100k subs...statistically speaking. I probably never will as well. think of it as just an added benefit. of course I dont mind the extra $100 I get when it maxes out, but its not much... I would say it gets pretty decent when you are at the 200k - 500k mark because then you get the good companies to play ads that are non skippable.

hope that helps

tsakisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I think that as long as you enjoy what you do, the world sees that. And in my eyes you’re a winner :) Money or no money.

Reactions: wchap001