Great advice for increasing channel revenue

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I randomly came across this today and found it refreshing. She posts her real numbers and gives one solid point of advice that is very meaningful. Apologies if this has already been posted. Hope ya'll find it enlightening..

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I randomly came across this today and found it refreshing. She posts her real numbers and gives one solid point of advice that is very meaningful. Apologies if this has already been posted. Hope ya'll find it enlightening..

Moved to the monetization forum. :)

I watched the video and it's pretty good but I already knew that tip. I love how she said "I'll give you the tip in a second but first you have to watch an ad..." lol.

• Haha
Reactions: GiggaVega

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah that was a clever turn there. =]

I experimented with adding more mid-roll ad breaks last year. It worked in the short-term and I significantly increased daily revenue but I noticed that audience retention went down which eventually resulted in fewer views in the longer term. I think you have to find a good balance between maximising revenue and not annoying the viewers lol. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I experimented with adding more mid-roll ad breaks last year. It worked in the short-term and I significantly increased daily revenue but I noticed that audience retention went down which eventually resulted in fewer views in the longer term. I think you have to find a good balance between maximising revenue and not annoying the viewers lol. :)
That certainly makes sense. My videos are generally shorter anyway, so I can't imagine anything mid-roll on my channel.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I watched that video too a while ago. The tip is quite simple and makes total sense, but I don't think it's worth it for smaller channels. Sure, if you're already getting 10-100k views a day or even more, just one mid-roll ad will most definitely significantly boost the ad revenue. However, I feel like it can only further stunt the growth of smaller channels because it most definitely will cause a certain % of viewers to leave the video during the ad break and that's the last thing you need as an up-and-coming channel.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watched that video too a while ago. The tip is quite simple and makes total sense, but I don't think it's worth it for smaller channels. Sure, if you're already getting 10-100k views a day or even more, just one mid-roll ad will most definitely significantly boost the ad revenue. However, I feel like it can only further stunt the growth of smaller channels because it most definitely will cause a certain % of viewers to leave the video during the ad break and that's the last thing you need as an up-and-coming channel.
Good point. Have you ever seen another channel share their figures as openly and honestly? I only recently realized that the earnings per view could even vary that much. I thought their would be a metric that one could pretty much run with.

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Good point. Have you ever seen another channel share their figures as openly and honestly? I only recently realized that the earnings per view could even vary that much. I thought their would be a metric that one could pretty much run with.
I'm slowly becoming more and more interested in educating myself on investing once I finally get back into the green zone (hopefully 2020 is the year for that!), so there's this Graham Stephen guy that I've been loosely following lately. Here's the video where he revealed his YT Adsense income:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCC7tUYlxT0

If you can't be bothered watching, he's made more than $100k from roughly 10 million views in just 30 days.
He often has crapton of midroll ads, so I'm not even surprised he's making so much off of YT ads alone.

He also made a new one a week or so ago, I haven't watched it yet, but if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opXTv-SxJLw

There are a lot of videos from bigger YTbers showing how much they make off of YT ads, but it all boils down to CPM and number of ads, which is obviously different for everyone - some people have higher CPMs but their audience hates mid-roll ads, while some with lower CPMs compensate with more mid-roll ads.

For me personally, if I can get this channel to 10k views/day, based on my current CPM and number of monetized views, I'd literally be able to live off of ad revenue alone. I'm already 10% there, so I hope I hit that goal some time in 2021.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm slowly becoming more and more interested in educating myself on investing once I finally get back into the green zone (hopefully 2020 is the year for that!), so there's this Graham Stephen guy that I've been loosely following lately. Here's the video where he revealed his YT Adsense income:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCC7tUYlxT0

If you can't be bothered watching, he's made more than $100k from roughly 10 million views in just 30 days.
He often has crapton of midroll ads, so I'm not even surprised he's making so much off of YT ads alone.

He also made a new one a week or so ago, I haven't watched it yet, but if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opXTv-SxJLw

There are a lot of videos from bigger YTbers showing how much they make off of YT ads, but it all boils down to CPM and number of ads, which is obviously different for everyone - some people have higher CPMs but their audience hates mid-roll ads, while some with lower CPMs compensate with more mid-roll ads.

For me personally, if I can get this channel to 10k views/day, based on my current CPM and number of monetized views, I'd literally be able to live off of ad revenue alone. I'm already 10% there, so I hope I hit that goal some time in 2021.
Excellent stuff. Thanks for sharing and best of luck hitting your goals too!

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think this all points can help you for increasing channel revenue

always try to Improve your YouTube videos.
and make YouTube friendly videos.
having a fix schedule for your posts.
and also your YouTube description is a important part.
Create your own thumbnails.
as well Improving the YouTube Ad-sense ads.
try first that Do not display ads within your video.
and Build your YouTube channel for long term viewership.
try to Create a community..
as well Embed your videos in blog posts.
and upload videos in different sbm.

Reactions: MusicWithMarky