How did your family react to you being a youtuber?

I just finally told my dad today. He was pretty impressed. He does a lot of business presentations in front of dozens to hundreds of people. So I told him, well my channel is like automatically doing presentations to thousands of people daily without having to waste time by being there and spending money booking a place.

They were much more concerned when I told them I was going to try to be a juggler.

Actually YouTube has been a great way for my parents to feel connected to us as we are travelling.

Haha my family is in alot of my videos...They've supportedy little hobby since before YouTube l. Dad even helped us build a set outta cardboard and black tarp to make a underground fight scene stage

So I haven't "revealed" it yet but I'm just curious to hear what your guys experiences were regarding that topic?
See ya:)

My immediate family knows, and they're pretty supportive of me. However, my extended family knows nothing about it yet. XD

My parents have always said they would support me in whatever I wanted to pursue. I know I'm very fortunate to have family that support my dreams.

Funny enough, they didn't even know what vlogging was when I first told them about my channel. I kinda had to explain to them what my channel was all about. I'm really looking forward to being able to share my travels with them through my videos.
[DOUBLEPOST=1487516475,1487516365][/DOUBLEPOST]
My parents have always said they would support me in whatever I wanted to pursue. I know I'm very fortunate to have family that support my dreams.

Funny enough, they didn't even know what vlogging was when I first told them about my channel. I kinda had to explain to them what my channel was all about. I'm really looking forward to being able to share my travels with them through my videos.

My family think I am weird or showing off. each time I ask them to talk during filming, they would refuse. They said it is nothing wrong to be camera shy.

My dad vaguely knows because I always hint at it. Besides I leave my laptop in the living room so, every one of my family can see me uploading the video. My sister knows right from the start and she fully supports me :bounce:

My mom actually wants to do a couch coop video where we play the game overcooked lol. Wants to see me turn this into something other than Toby plays games, but with a microphone this time!

Back