Help With Reoccurring Copyright Claims

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

My channel (where I record & upload original nature recordings to) gets copyright claims like you wouldn’t believe. It’s understandable as bird calls do sound similar, meaning, you can identify a species of bird by its call .. so the algorithm (if that’s what they use) is always mistaking my recording of say, a blackbird, with someone else’s recording of a blackbird.

So even though it’s a pain having to contest all the copyright claims, all of which I’ve won, I do understand why it happens.

What I don’t understand is, (& this is what I need help with) all of the copyright claims recently have been coming from channels &/or music publisher that have only uploaded or published their audio recordings recently .. & they’re claiming copyright over my audio recordings that were uploaded 8 to 12 years ago .. so who is copyrighting who here?

Up until now, I’ve just left it, but it’s happening more & more, it’s becoming a pain & more importantly, maybe I should start making copyright claims against them, especially CD Baby, an online distributor of music, who only yesterday, has made yet another copyright claim against an 8 year-old recording of mine, that apparently matches content on an album that they released only two weeks ago.

So is there a way for me to check who’s using my recordings online, I feel it’s time to fight back & give them a taste of their own medicine.

Sorry for waffling & thanks for any help

blumsofa

Reaction score
Exploring Moral Dilemmas in Your Writing
Moral dilemmas add depth and complexity to a story, challenging https://royalwriter.co.uk/blog/essay-about-fairness characters and prompting thought-provoking questions. Writers should introduce ethical conflicts that force characters to make difficult choices, exploring the consequences and moral implications of their decisions.

ChinaRhirm

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score

ChinaRhirm

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score

ChinaRhirm

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score