Help from Copyright experts?

xiplays

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone. In the last week I decided to give vlogging a shot by filming my fan experience at a soccer match. It was the game between Tottenham and Atletico Madrid - for anyone who's interested - and the video featured little footage of the game itself (which was taken by my own camera). Today I notice that the claimant (clubatleticodemadrid) has claimed something on my video and I get this message "Audio-visual content, Manually detected".

You can get access to the video by just clicking down in my channel link.

Would this have something to do with broadcasting rights? I don't mind them claiming the video if I've legitimately crossed some kind of copyright boundary - I'm just interested to know to prevent it happening again.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Soccer clubs are very picky when it comes to their broadcasting rights. Yout ticket for the match will very much likely show a passage that prohibits broadcasting footage from the match.

xiplays

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I figured haha. It kind of makes a lot of sense now as to why other youtubers who vlog their fan experience don't film any of the game haha.

I'm not fussed with this one though. No strikes or anything, they've just monetized it for the copyright owner. I'd say it's a win win for both parties haha.

Reactions: subversiveasset

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Copyright and Legal Discussion forum. ^_^