Help - Audio is muffled/weird noise

Lucy Le Prevost

Reaction score
Hello!

I have just been to Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Disneyland Parks where I vlogged it. I had a wind muffler on but I had to take it off in Shanghai as it was covering my flash (Canon Gx7) and wasn't letting me popup the flash. After taking some photos, I put the wind muffler back on but I must have put it on wrong and all my footage from there on until my last day in Tokyo (when I took it off for good) sounds muffled like i'm underwater and has a weird clicking/grinding noise randomly happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? It would be such a shame to lose the footage but I fear it is unfix-able. I can attach a clip so you can hear it if you wish?

I'm definitely taking a laptop on future trips and checking out the footage daily!

Thanks
Lucy

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Audio is one of those things that really needs to be nailed on the first attempt, otherwise it can take hours upon hours to fix.

Depending on what program you use to edit, you may be able to salvage bits and pieces with denoisers, parametric equalization, mastering etc.

Without hearing how bad the audio is though I couldn't tell you how long it will take.

Reactions: RCS

Lucy Le Prevost

Reaction score
Thanks Brett.

That is what I thought but I thought it might be worth asking. I have uploaded a private random clip to YouTube if anyone wants to hear the audio. I can't paste the URL tho.

Frustrating but I will just have to see it as a lesson and not upload vlogs for those days :)

Thanks
Lucy

Audio is one of those things that really needs to be nailed on the first attempt, otherwise it can take hours upon hours to fix.

Depending on what program you use to edit, you may be able to salvage bits and pieces with denoisers, parametric equalization, mastering etc.

Without hearing how bad the audio is though I couldn't tell you how long it will take.

Last edited: