Have Fun, Make Fun.

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good day all of you lads.
Today I am here to give a short technique or more like tip to help my fellow youtubers out.
The tip is mostly pointed at gaming channels but I am rather sure that any channel could profit from it.
The thing I'm going to say will be cliché but many people still seem to miss this out.

Have Fun, Make Fun.
If you're doing a video or recording a video make sure that you have fun doing so, if you know you're gonna record in let's say an hour or two then you should not look at that and think "Oh gosh I've gotta record."
You should be having fun doing it and by having fun it'll reflect the fun you're having in the videos, over to the viewers. This really is the most important factor of a channel and viewers are gonna immediatly see if you're faking something. Some other people have trouble expressing themself in their videos because they are rather ashamed but let me tell you this, throw away the shame and just enjoy it!

I know this isn't really a top quality tip that'll do alot but alot of people struggle with the fact that they feel forced by themselves to make videos. This shouldn't be the case and if it is, make sure to find where the fun is in it for you.
If you are not able to find the excitement while you're making your videos then you're doing something terribly wrong and you should reconsider your ways of making videos.

I've had to go through this the hard way and I was close to giving up but as I progressed I found more fun ways of editing videos, better and more interesting ways of recording and it resulted me in having more quality videos for anyone to enjoy, and simply putting more time into my videos that maked them better.

So remember, if you don't have fun you can't make your video fun, and that's what the title is for.
If you have fun, you can make the video fun also.
If you don't, then you can do as much editing as you want but it'll not work out.

MBGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup, totally agree !!
Especially if you have more than 50 subs, is really hard to fool and fake out so many people... a lot of them will feel that you don't enjoy what you're doing and the boring/negative vibe that they receive from you.

It's a good reminder CaptainDelugo ;-)

Reactions: CaptainDelugo

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
TOTALLY AGREED! I usually follow this advice while I record any game, I just get inside the game and feel like its happening to me. I completely dissolve myself into the game and enjoy playing it. Therefore audience enjoy my content because they want to see something entertaining.

GutPunch Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
We've found this to be all too true.

We're also typically happier with the videos we produce if we're having fun, it makes us feel better about what we're doing. We play a lot of bad games, and having fun with those is hard, so we tend to research some stuff beforehand so that we know what we can talk about/make jokes about. It makes the process easier and more fun, and that definitely comes across.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Considering the amount of time and work it takes to make videos, if you're not having fun, you probably shouldn't do it. Great post, and great reminder to everyone. :)

Safety Turtle

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I'd even go so far as to say that the people will be able to tell if you're not having fun...it's sort like you being able to see on a product if the tradesman who made it didn't take pride in his work.

My only personal issue right now is that to record from my PS4, I have to set up and move around a lot of stuff, which annoys me, the recording, playing and editing of the video itself I find fun though ^^