HATEFUL COMMENTS

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
So recently I have been reacting to music videos and movie trailers. I have been constructively criticizing the movies and artists. Therefore I am getting HATE comments. I was really sure about that and I dont bother much and never respond to the comments.
Only one comment that bothered me a lot "ARE YOU GAY?"
My reaction: What? What? What? haha "DELETED"
Did you guys ever got any such crap comments that made you to simply delete instead of keeping the comments?

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't get that many bad comments but the few that I have that seem mean spirited or bizarre, I just delete. Since I run a channel that represents an animal shelter, I always keep my comments on other videos positive and completely non-controversial.

Reactions: Jawad Soomro

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've gotten a few, but either I try (once, I follow the "one and done" philosophy of trolls) to reason with them (and it works more often than you'd think. For instance, when people ask, "Are you gay?" I say, "Yes," because I am, and there isn't anything wrong with it, but if someone isn't, you could say, "No, why do you ask?" because then people to get nervous about their stupid questions) and if they don't reply, then I just delete them.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah but you shouldn't let those affect you. You'll always have a certain percentage of trolls, and it's only gonna keep getting bigger as your channel grows. So if your troll counts aren't growing, then that's a problem.

What I do to reduce trolls is to troll my own comment section with my other channel called, "Negatively Brainwashed." It seems to get people to laugh

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Yeah but you shouldn't let those affect you. You'll always have a certain percentage of trolls, and it's only gonna keep getting bigger as your channel grows. So if your troll counts aren't growing, then that's a problem.

What I do to reduce trolls is to troll my own comment section with my other channel called, "Negatively Brainwashed." It seems to get people to laugh

Haha that's a great motivation. I might try something like this later. I should increase the trolls to become more popular :D

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
im not necessarily getting hate although i have had it in the past and i always just delete the comment and sometimes report abuse as replying in my opinion can just add fuel to the fire, but i seem to be getting a lot of criticism on my videos and barely any positive comments, i know people are just trying to help, and in some ways they have i work so hard on improving on things that people have criticised yet they still do it, and then i see them be really nice on someone elses videos and it's honestly starting to really make me lose confidence in my videos, I understand criticism is needed on youtube but i feel like at the moment it's ALL i ever seem to get, and its starting to get to me

Reactions: Jawad Soomro

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician

That's the first time I've heard of someone doing that, and I think it's hilarious! xD

I tend to get more pervy comments than hate, so I tend to just delete things that seem pointless. >.> I leave criticizing comments because I think it's important to consider what they say, even if I don't agree. I don't consider criticism as hate unless it's written in a very disrespectful way. ^^