Has anyone struggled to find their niche?

Oliver Potter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been doing YouTube for a year and so many months (well I took a break from September to May.. BIG MISTAKE).

Anyway! I used to love doing your typical Youtuber videos i.e. YouTube Tags, challenge videos and all things like that and then I suddenly got bored and wanted to do something that would have value on peoples lives i.e. advice and motivating videos but then I got bored of that and wanted to do the YouTuber videos again!

It drives me mad it's like I am stuck and I fear that is what is making me stuck, the viewers don't know what the hell I am about lol. It's so frustrating!

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I bounce around on my channel a bit too, but most of it is dance videos. It means slower growth, but in my opinion, it's more fun to add more variety. There's actually a very similar thread somewhere else on the forum that started today.

Reactions: Oliver Potter

Oliver Potter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bounce around on my channel a bit too, but most of it is dance videos. It means slower growth, but in my opinion, it's more fun to add more variety. There's actually a very similar thread somewhere else on the forum that started today.
Interesting I will have to take a look! Thanks!!

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just stick to what I do best... IE sucking at games, if people like it or not no idea, that's my main thing and any random content is a one off thing that's a rare treat on top of other content.

Not having a main genre might scare some viewers away, hard to say... depends what it is that brings them to your channel in the first place.

Oliver Potter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do love doing all the YouTubery videos! So perhaps I will stick to that with creative videos popping up in once in a while! Thanks Sin!

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
So since you are a Vlogger and the very nature of a vlog channel is that it is personallity based, i don´t see where the problem lies. Your viewers watch you because of your persona. They will keep watching if you do some other content, every Vlogger does a wide variety.
If a gaming channel suddenly stopped playing games that would be awful. For you its not. Go for it. Do what you want !

Reactions: Oliver Potter

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been doing YouTube for a year and so many months (well I took a break from September to May.. BIG MISTAKE).

Anyway! I used to love doing your typical Youtuber videos i.e. YouTube Tags, challenge videos and all things like that and then I suddenly got bored and wanted to do something that would have value on peoples lives i.e. advice and motivating videos but then I got bored of that and wanted to do the YouTuber videos again!

It drives me mad it's like I am stuck and I fear that is what is making me stuck, the viewers don't know what the hell I am about lol. It's so frustrating!
Make playlist so if your subribers want a certain type a video they can look through there haha thats what I do because I don't have a set niche either

Oliver Potter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make playlist so if your subribers want a certain type a video they can look through there haha thats what I do because I don't have a set niche either
You've answered my prayers! I am glad there are people like me out there haha! Ok great idea! Thanks so much!

Reactions: Malasia

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So since you are a Vlogger and the very nature of a vlog channel is that it is personallity based, i don´t see where the problem lies. Your viewers watch you because of your persona. They will keep watching if you do some other content, every Vlogger does a wide variety.
If a gaming channel suddenly stopped playing games that would be awful. For you its not. Go for it. Do what you want !
Yeah I agree with this ^

I see plenty of bigger vloggers go from react type challenges, to food challenges, to "trying foods" to just recording their day to day or opening mail from fans... your content is about you personally so you have a lot of leeway to play around with.