Growing Strategies After the "First Steps Period"

Status
Not open for further replies.

avrona

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've been doing YouTube for 3 and a half years yet I am still at 118 subscribers. I read pretty much every piece of advice available online, but most guides, etc. focus on the first steps, while like I said I've been already doing it for 3 and a half years. So does anyone have strategies or ideas on what to do at this point?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This forum has a lot of tips and tricks for getting views and subscribers! You just got to look for them!
Just don´t focus on the amount of time you have spent on youtube, focus on your content, and I remember you got some tips in an other topic you made, maybe do those as well?

TheSwedishTraveler

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Then I hope you understand that growth might not happen over night, that it will take a while.
Just have patience and continue to work on your videos, and it will eventually pay off. Seeing that there is a lot of gaming channels, makes it hard to grow.

avrona

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Then I hope you understand that growth might not happen over night, that it will take a while.
I know it takes a while, but 117 subscribers, around 12 views per video, and around 1 comment a month is just very little for almost 4 years. Just want to know what I can do about it.

TheSwedishTraveler

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Don´t focus on the numbers, it will only stress you out!
Focus on having fun making the videos, and that will show in the videos.
Just of curiosity, what are your intentions on doing youtube? is it making money?

GiovaGames

Reaction score
If you have 4 years on YouTube and still 118 subs then you are doing something bad. Are you even uploading videos? It seems to me that you are not promoting your content in any way and just expect for YouTube to do all the job.

YouTube only helps you if you have good content and are consistent with your channel.

TheSwedishTraveler

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know it takes a while, but 117 subscribers, around 12 views per video, and around 1 comment a month is just very little for almost 4 years. Just want to know what I can do about it.
The link to your channel doesn´t work, so I can´t check out your channel!

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
3 Years and 118 subs... well I've gotten more than you in one year... but then again, I advertise everywhere I can haha.
If you want your channel to grow, you're gonna have to try new things/ expose it to "new waters". Have you tried using other youtube-channel-promoting forums? What about reddit, that place is where I get most of my views tbh :p I even use discord to advertise my stuff!! The more things you learn/ try out, the better chance you'll have at gaining more exposure. If you'd like to know of all the places I'm aware of that you can advertise your content, pm me :)

avrona

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Focus on having fun making the videos, and that will show in the videos.
I already do that though. I have fun making them, but I also want to have a channel that works out.

Just of curiosity, what are your intentions on doing youtube? is it making money?
I started doing YouTube as a way to finally have an affect on people. I'm pretty much a prime example of an introvert so being able to do something for others is a pretty rare thing for me. And money is just another bonus.

If you have 4 years on YouTube and still 118 subs then you are doing something bad.
I know. And that's what I want to find out.

Are you even uploading videos?
6 a week. :/

It seems to me that you are not promoting your content in any way
I am though.

if you have good content and are consistent with your channel.
I know and I do both.

but then again, I advertise everywhere I can haha.
Same here.

Have you tried using other youtube-channel-promoting forums?
Yes I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.