Grow audience?

Monis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi friends,

I'm new to YouTube, as well as this forum, so I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice on how to grow my channel and get new subbies? I'm looking to connect with subbies who actually care about the content and my channel. Please feel free to check out my first video and give me your feedback on what I could do better or less of?

Thank you in advance:)

Lyth

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey, MonIs welcome to YTtalk.com! hope you enjoy it here.. The way to get subs on youtube. There isnt a right or wrong way they will find you if you want them to like your content, you will have to let them find you themselfs or introduces them to you. This wont happen over night you will have to put alot of effort and time into making your videos and in the end you will see a result as what you wanted at the start. if you need some help along the way or needing pointers there are people on here that will help you and be happy to inform you how to really put your self out there and how to gain a community for your-self.

if you are looking for graphics then you can come to be as im a free graphic designe or (there are alot of other awesome designers on here or at there!)

thanks for choosing yttalk.com

-Lyth (A formal graphic designer)

Wimbus

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am trying hard on my videos but still cannot get any views or subs!!!! Anybody willing to help me out?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi friends,

I'm new to YouTube, as well as this forum, so I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice on how to grow my channel and get new subbies? I'm looking to connect with subbies who actually care about the content and my channel. Please feel free to check out my first video and give me your feedback on what I could do better or less of?

My video critique:

I think when you jump cut at 0:48 to everything blended already I feel like I missed something. Because the title is DIY ice-cream, I wanted to see you spoon the ingredients into the blender (with camera pointed on that not you), then blended, then jump to 0:48 with a face shot and everything blended. Otherwise I am thinking what did you put into the blender, how much?

When you're talking about the containers around 1 min - 1:30 min mark that can be done later after you blended and are pouring it into the different containers. Describe the benefits of each container as you pour the ice-cream into them.

The "thanks, subscribe" I felt would be better at the back, as viewers would tend to click off after that, but you have cool footage after 2:30.

Bloopers are fun, but then I'm confused, is this a DIY ice-cream tutorial, or more like a VLOG? I think if you do DIY ice-cream actually how mixing the ingredients, put it into cups, mix in the fruit, stick in the freezer then cut to when you take out and give it to Pasa to eat. Save the bloopers from several videos then put them into a fun video together later down the track as a behind the scenes sort of thing.

Also smile more and be natural, I feel you were a bit tense in the video, but that gets easier the more videos you make.

Otherwise the channel banner looks good, nice graphics. Max out more tags, and add some more keywords into the first few lines of the description. You'll probably need a dozen videos, perhaps two, to start getting a little traction and some decent views, so just keep going with the videos don't worry too much about subs and views at this very early stage. When a viewer comes to the channel they want to subscribe when they see regular uploads, so just shoot videos for now.

Good luck!!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi friends,

There's no one "right" way of gaining subscribers - alas, the great mystery of YouTube - but, if you want to really form a connection with people, you've gotta treat them like people and not like numbers. Reply to their comments, ask them questions, listen to their suggestions, find out what they like - all these little actions that take minimal effort really do make all the difference as time goes along. The more you care about them, the more emotionally invested they'll be in you and what you do. Best of luck!

Monis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My video critique:

I think when you jump cut at 0:48 to everything blended already I feel like I missed something. Because the title is DIY ice-cream, I wanted to see you spoon the ingredients into the blender (with camera pointed on that not you), then blended, then jump to 0:48 with a face shot and everything blended. Otherwise I am thinking what did you put into the blender, how much?

When you're talking about the containers around 1 min - 1:30 min mark that can be done later after you blended and are pouring it into the different containers. Describe the benefits of each container as you pour the ice-cream into them.

The "thanks, subscribe" I felt would be better at the back, as viewers would tend to click off after that, but you have cool footage after 2:30.

Bloopers are fun, but then I'm confused, is this a DIY ice-cream tutorial, or more like a VLOG? I think if you do DIY ice-cream actually how mixing the ingredients, put it into cups, mix in the fruit, stick in the freezer then cut to when you take out and give it to Pasa to eat. Save the bloopers from several videos then put them into a fun video together later down the track as a behind the scenes sort of thing.

Also smile more and be natural, I feel you were a bit tense in the video, but that gets easier the more videos you make.

Otherwise the channel banner looks good, nice graphics. Max out more tags, and add some more keywords into the first few lines of the description. You'll probably need a dozen videos, perhaps two, to start getting a little traction and some decent views, so just keep going with the videos don't worry too much about subs and views at this very early stage. When a viewer comes to the channel they want to subscribe when they see regular uploads, so just shoot videos for now.

Good luck!!

Hi there,
Thank you for you feedback, it was very helpful. Yes I agree I was a bit nervous filming my first video haahaa. Hopefully I wasn't too bad, sometimes I fear I look too stern and boring. I will need to remind myself to smile more. I will work on becoming more prepared, I'm not much of an extrovert so putting myself in such a spotlight is completely abnormal. I guess I will need to get used to it. I think subconsciously I added the bloopers as a way to show the audience my humorous side as well as show that indeed I was nervous. I did have footage of the actual process when making the doggy ice-cream but I couldn't figure out a way to film it, I need to work on different ways to film the process.

I have just changed the title to 'QUICK DIY Ice-cream for dogs w/ Bloopers' so the audience gets a better idea of what to expect. Thanks, I designed the logo and banner. I'm still learning as I go, so I will try and get better. Thank you once again for your helpful and detailed feedback.:)[DOUBLEPOST=1467412038,1467411833][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, MonIs welcome to YTtalk.com! hope you enjoy it here.. The way to get subs on youtube. There isnt a right or wrong way they will find you if you want them to like your content, you will have to let them find you themselfs or introduces them to you. This wont happen over night you will have to put alot of effort and time into making your videos and in the end you will see a result as what you wanted at the start. if you need some help along the way or needing pointers there are people on here that will help you and be happy to inform you how to really put your self out there and how to gain a community for your-self.

if you are looking for graphics then you can come to be as im a free graphic designe or (there are alot of other awesome designers on here or at there!)

thanks for choosing yttalk.com

-Lyth (A formal graphic designer)
Hi Lyth,

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback, I agree it won't happen overnight and will need to be patient. Glad there is a forum like this to talk with other Youtubers with likeminded goals:)

Monis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There's no one "right" way of gaining subscribers - alas, the great mystery of YouTube - but, if you want to really form a connection with people, you've gotta treat them like people and not like numbers. Reply to their comments, ask them questions, listen to their suggestions, find out what they like - all these little actions that take minimal effort really do make all the difference as time goes along. The more you care about them, the more emotionally invested they'll be in you and what you do. Best of luck!
Hi darkstarmedia,
Thank you for your feedback, it was helpful. I agree, no one wants to feel like a number. These are very good tips, I hope to remember all this as I move forward:)

Reactions: darkstarmedia