Green Screen Fabrics

Tom Elliott

I've Got It
Reaction score
Green screen is used because the colour it is very easy to key out, but in actuality you can use any colour at all. A pale colour is not advised because it won't work against the skin, or any clothes. Blue screen is very often used. I don't think the material matters too much either, I had a friend who did some chroma key using a piece of crapet supported by two chairs. Although the keying wasn't brilliant that was probnably down to them being amatuers and no external lighting.

Green and blue are industry standard, but other colours will suffice as long as nothing in the forground is the same colour! :)

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks guys, the ones I have found on ebay in the UK that are from proper photography type shops seem a lot more expensive than you would expect, I think we will go with some cheaper green cotton fabric from a fabric shop in the end.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've used felt, a sheet and now I'm using green cardboard. They've all worked for me, but Im getting better results with the cardboard now. You get a small glimpse of my setup in my BoobyTrap video.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've used felt, a sheet and now I'm using green cardboard. They've all worked for me, but Im getting better results with the cardboard now. You get a small glimpse of my setup in my BoobyTrap video.
Ill check it out again :) I think we will stick with this one for now as it seems to be working fairly well other than a few issues I am sure will end up fixed.
--- merged: Feb 24, 2012 5:56 PM ---
Just had a quick look, how many lights are you using there to light everything up, is there four in total?

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use 5 now... It might have been 4 in the video.

2 on the green, and about 3 on me. :S

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I count my ceiling lights , I have 2 more heh

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I count my ceiling lights , I have 2 more heh
Lol I could throw ours in there too and make it 4 but we dont even bother putting it on, for one thing the light is near the window and not in the middle of the room and secondly it is just too dim any way :D

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
really, the lighter the green screen the better as you are less likely to show a light green. I have a light green coloured green screen and it works just fine, you need to have it well lit up though...