Going Daily Seems To Be Working For Me

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thought I would share some stats with you as it could help other small creators.

I have been uploading daily for the last 10 days or so and it seems to be helping my channel.

Views have increased by over 40% so far
My small channel hit over 120 views per day now, which is a big deal for me
subs aren't coming in though - only 1 per day on average

I am going to keep it going for as long as I have energy. I have now got quicker at editing and plan my shoots so can efficiently shoot 6 videos in one session and edit during the week.

Something to note however:

My channel gets less than 10% of views from subs
the other 90% come from YouTube search or Google search
I get nearly zero views from suggested (which is the best way to grow, but YouTube doesn't promote my videos... oh well)

I don't plan to make money from YouTube directly, my channel is building a mailing list and bringing my site traffic to sell online courses and consultancy, so this would ordinarily be unsustainable if I wanted a payday from YT.

Would be good to hear if anyone else has any stories from going daily?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I tried that once... really hard for me to upload daily but maybe in the future if the channel keeps growing.

I didn't see any significant difference in that week. I believe my channel gets 10% of watch time from subs and 90% comes from people that aren't subbed. IMO subs aren't that important except for unlocking some YT perks/rewards.

Right now it says YouTube is recommending 83% of my content which is really helpful and getting 50-100 subs per day. In order to gain subs I believe you want to increase this number. Way to do it is having awesome AR and CTR, that's what I've been focusing on for the last couple of months and I guess is working.

Reactions: Darren Taylor

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
T
I tried that once... really hard for me to upload daily but maybe in the future if the channel keeps growing.

I didn't see any significant difference in that week. I believe my channel gets 10% of watch time from subs and 90% comes from people that aren't subbed. IMO subs aren't that important except for unlocking some YT perks/rewards.

Right now it says YouTube is recommending 83% of my content which is really helpful and getting 50-100 subs per day. In order to gain subs I believe you want to increase this number. Way to do it is having awesome AR and CTR, that's what I've been focusing on for the last couple of months and I guess is working.
Thanks for the tips and your reply. What you say makes sense. I know I won't get good growth without suggested. Will need to work on getting my metrics to the point I get suggested!

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
T

Thanks for the tips and your reply. What you say makes sense. I know I won't get good growth without suggested. Will need to work on getting my metrics to the point I get suggested!
Yeah that's what I did... Once YT started recommending my channel is when you start seeing the snowball effect. One 3 months old video that YT recommended went from 10K views to almost 150K views... is amazing what YT can do for your channel, you just need to push and push your way through it

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah that's what I did... Once YT started recommending my channel is when you start seeing the snowball effect. One 3 months old video that YT recommended went from 10K views to almost 150K views... is amazing what YT can do for your channel, you just need to push and push your way through it
Thanks, I have to say it, but your thumbs look awesome! not surprised you're getting a good CTR!

Reactions: GameVestment

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If I could have the time and energy to create the content to upload every day, I would. But ideas can only go so far before having to resort to the most basic of basic content or just "filler" content which can be difficult guage viewership from because you find yourself asking if your doing it to upload everyday or if your doing it because you actually enjoy it.

Glad its working for you dude, I know I would struggle with it personally.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I could have the time and energy to create the content to upload every day, I would. But ideas can only go so far before having to resort to the most basic of basic content or just "filler" content which can be difficult guage viewership from because you find yourself asking if your doing it to upload everyday or if your doing it because you actually enjoy it.

Glad its working for you dude, I know I would struggle with it personally.
I agree, I couldn't do this for even 2 months let alone a year. I thought I should try an experiment and it's helping. I also need to create 30 videos as part of a content download asset I am building, so that is my incentive. So far so good, but I reckon I've got another week in me, after that, back to 2/3 times a week

Reactions: tahlia and FawX

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
That's some great commitment and happy to hear it is working for you, putting subscribers aside I think steady growth is the key. By the way you just gained another subscriber, I watched a few of your videos and they were very helpful to me, being completely new to this space. Very good commentary on the topics.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
there's a youtuber i watch named stella rae who uploaded daily in 2016 and she saw massive channel growth, and its slowed down a bit now that she doesn't really have a schedule. i would love to post daily but i don't have the creative energy to do so haha. i have a variety of pets that i could make videos about, but i would really have to sit and brainstorm more than i do now!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's some great commitment and happy to hear it is working for you, putting subscribers aside I think steady growth is the key. By the way you just gained another subscriber, I watched a few of your videos and they were very helpful to me, being completely new to this space. Very good commentary on the topics.
Thanks! I really appreciate the sub. It is definitely helping get more eyeballs on my videos and brand![DOUBLEPOST=1544988879,1544988789][/DOUBLEPOST]
there's a youtuber i watch named stella rae who uploaded daily in 2016 and she saw massive channel growth, and its slowed down a bit now that she doesn't really have a schedule. i would love to post daily but i don't have the creative energy to do so haha. i have a variety of pets that i could make videos about, but i would really have to sit and brainstorm more than i do now!
It's not easy to post daily. I reckon I have 1 more week left in me before going back to 2-3 per week. But so far so good :)