Going Back to Giveaways

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's going on YtTalk Community. Im an NHL gaming youtuber and have recently really slowed down on views + subs. Kind of stinks but i continue to push forward. Im thinking about doing some giveaways on my channel for the game, but making it so people have to watch/like the video. For example "I'll give out the best player I pull as long as this video gets 20 thumbs up." I always feel like giveaways lead to dead subs, but even if i gain 20 subs and one becomes active i think thats worth it. Plus it doesnt cost me any real money.

Do you guys think giveaways can be effective? Or are they just a way to get cheap dead subs?

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm commenting right now just to follow this topic and see how the conversation develops.

I have been thinking about something similar. I have never done a giveaway, but I've been thinking about one for awhile. My caveat would be that the winner would be an active subscriber, meaning that they make meaning comments. I'm lacking in the commenting department, so I want to boost that somehow.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't do it, man. Take that energy and reinvest it into SEO. Your most recent video only has two tags!

Do you have Tubebuddy or VidIQ? You could be tagging so much more.
Check out some SEO guides on the 'YouTube Video Marketing, Strategy & SEO' subforum.

Focusing on SEO really worked well for me on my main channel. I can't recommend it enough.

In any event, I would avoid giveaways. People sub and just leave. At least that's seems to be the concensus in the plethora of threads that have covered this topic in the past.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't do it, man. Take that energy and reinvest it into SEO. Your most recent video only has two tags!

Do you have Tubebuddy or VidIQ? You could be tagging so much more.
Check out some SEO guides on the 'YouTube Video Marketing, Strategy & SEO' subforum.

Focusing on SEO really worked well for me on my main channel. I can't recommend it enough.

In any event, I would avoid giveaways. People sub and just leave. At least that's seems to be the concensus in the plethora of threads that have covered this topic in the past.
holy s**t! thanks for telling me, i didnt realize my last video only had two tags!!! i uploaded it in a hurry and was off on a business vacation before i could tag it up! thank you! Can you peak at my tags in the other video i posted last week? I mean no pressure, i use tubebuddy sometimes but i also thought my seo was good at least with tags.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
holy s**t! thanks for telling me, i didnt realize my last video only had two tags!!! i uploaded it in a hurry and was off on a business vacation before i could tag it up! thank you! Can you peak at my tags in the other video i posted last week? I mean no pressure, i use tubebuddy sometimes but i also thought my seo was good at least with tags.
It seems like your tags are fine on other videos. I saw some long and short ones, which is important.
I would move keywords towards the front and move the series name 'I wont lose' to the back. Placement matters. I would also type some of the tags you are using into the search bar and see what comes up. Do people on the first page of results have more views on the video than subscribers? If so, this would be a good keyword to use in your title.

I also noticed that you aren't writing descriptions. The title, tags, and descriptions work together to tell youtube where to rank your videos. Be sure to take the time to fill out all the information.

Reactions: Dismal Bliss