Pdeanna

Reaction score
I am considering doing some giveaways throughout the summer for my channel of my favorite products.
Has anyone ever done them? If so do you have any advice?

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am considering doing some giveaways throughout the summer for my channel of my favorite products.
Has anyone ever done them? If so do you have any advice?
The ones that I have done were fun but not very effective at gaining active subscribers.

Pdeanna

Reaction score
Good to know but did they engage your audience more?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i have done a few giveaway. mainly when i reached certain sub goals. don't do competitions to gain subs. because even if you do gain some subs from it they are most likely going to be the least active ones you will have. instead aim your giveaways at those people that have supported your channel so far. give back to the subs and make it clear thats what your doing. not only will they likely appreciate you more and watch more of your stuff. you might see some new subs purely because they see what a nice channel and community you have

also if i may make a note on your channel. just my suggestion but don't hide your subscriber count. anyone that hides sub numbers or likes/dislikes just looks bad, like there is a reason your doing it. there is no shame in having a small sub count.

Reactions: Pdeanna

Pdeanna

Reaction score
i have done a few giveaway. mainly when i reached certain sub goals. don't do competitions to gain subs. because even if you do gain some subs from it they are most likely going to be the least active ones you will have. instead aim your giveaways at those people that have supported your channel so far. give back to the subs and make it clear thats what your doing. not only will they likely appreciate you more and watch more of your stuff. you might see some new subs purely because they see what a nice channel and community you have

also if i may make a note on your channel. just my suggestion but don't hide your subscriber count. anyone that hides sub numbers or likes/dislikes just looks bad, like there is a reason your doing it. there is no shame in having a small sub count.
These are great suggestions! All of them. I like the idea of
I guess I was hiding my number because it's embarrassing that it's so small. I put a lot into my channel and it's hard to share that one. I will definitely consider showing it :)

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
These are great suggestions! All of them. I like the idea of
I guess I was hiding my number because it's embarrassing that it's so small. I put a lot into my channel and it's hard to share that one. I will definitely consider showing it :)
your a new channel. no one will expect you to have a million subs. i much prefer subbing to smaller channels anyway because i know i can interact with the video creator, hiding the number does exactly that - makes you look like you have something to hide. embrace being a small youtuber, we all started somewhere

Inspirethee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was thinking of doing a giveaway in the future. I wonder if there are any rules I should be aware of. Let me know if you learn of any!

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was thinking of doing a giveaway in the future. I wonder if there are any rules I should be aware of. Let me know if you learn of any!
Yes, YouTube does have rules for giveaways. Do a search for YouTube Contest rules