Giveaways and swaps, Do they help grow your channel?

Purely Peña

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
i am a little over 1k subscribers now, and have really been wanting to do a giveaway or a swap with someone in the hopes it generates more buzz for my channel (and sure, it could do the same for theirs). Has anyone here done a giveaway or a swap and noticed any difference in their channel? The giveaway I would do would be a really good luxury giveaway (small but luxurious), and I want the rules to be, you have to answer 3 questions about me correctly to make sure the people entering actually watch my channel, or have checked out my videos. I don't know, what do you all think? I also really want to do a swap with someone who has similar or more subscribers than me. Advice? Collabs?

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
i am a little over 1k subscribers now, and have really been wanting to do a giveaway or a swap with someone in the hopes it generates more buzz for my channel (and sure, it could do the same for theirs). Has anyone here done a giveaway or a swap and noticed any difference in their channel? The giveaway I would do would be a really good luxury giveaway (small but luxurious), and I want the rules to be, you have to answer 3 questions about me correctly to make sure the people entering actually watch my channel, or have checked out my videos. I don't know, what do you all think? I also really want to do a swap with someone who has similar or more subscribers than me. Advice? Collabs?
I did a giveaway once and I actually had people answer three questions to enter. Idk about a difference, but it's definitely a great way to get in touch with your subscribers and be active with them. In some cases, people will actually recommend these giveaways to their friends and to other YouTubers. I've experienced being in a swap before and those can be fun as well. Collabs, I would say, are the most fun and will get more interaction from others imo. I love doing collaborations with others, especially if there's a reason behind the collaboration. With you having at least 1k subs, you could successfully pull off a giveaway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purely Peña

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
btw congratulations on 1k subs!

Maybe you could say if you want to win this prize comment below and you will choose a random winner? that would be better cos you know the person winning the prize is an active subscriber? :)

kami

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I think having those extra questions can definitely help weed out people just trying to win stuff and have those goods actually go to dedicated fans :) It could work as promotion, but I'd be careful with it. You don't want people to think that they can come to your channel just to get free stuff. I'd make sure that the giveaways are seen as a rare thing and that the real content of your channel is what you normally produce.

Reactions: RichGuitarGamer

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do a lot of giveaways via my site (not via YouTube) and they can be a good way to increase visitors. However, you'll find that once the serial competition entrants get hold of it, they get shared among their communities and you get tons of people entering who aren't necessarily interested in your brand and are only after the prize. In my experience they're about as useful as sub4sub because they have no interest in you unless you're giving something away.

RobTube

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think they always work, and i think as the word may spread about your giveaway it should create a buzz

Purely Peña

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Good advice! I'm not thinking of doing another giveaway until I reach 5k another milestone... Then 10k one day, so they will be far and few between...