Give Your Honest Opinion

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
I have my channel for like a month, I try to make really good quality content.
I spend lots of time at editing so I can improve even faster.
Just give me your honest opinion or a tip is also nice :)
I'll post here a video as an example.

Checked crazy grandpa video and have a few comments. It's cut so quickly that I could hardly catch what you guys are all on about, have to pause it to catch it which is not great :) I also couldn't identify what your channel is about, "about" section was also not very clear about it. Maybe good to narrow it down a bit if you want to be found in suggested or search to gain some authority in an area.
Thumbnails were bright but don't show a lot either, not bad but can maybe improve a bit to show what's it about. If you want to keep the mystery that's fine but not sure if you would gain more views if more clarity on the subject.

Think it could be fun if you improve it further, good luck with your channel.

Checked crazy grandpa video and have a few comments. It's cut so quickly that I could hardly catch what you guys are all on about, have to pause it to catch it which is not great :) I also couldn't identify what your channel is about, "about" section was also not very clear about it. Maybe good to narrow it down a bit if you want to be found in suggested or search to gain some authority in an area.
Thumbnails were bright but don't show a lot either, not bad but can maybe improve a bit to show what's it about. If you want to keep the mystery that's fine but not sure if you would gain more views if more clarity on the subject.

Well I have some variation on my channel, I do "Funny & Scary Moments" / Video's were I talk / share crazy stuff...
I'm not that channel that only upload games or something like that, I love to do some other things to so it don't get boring.
And yeah It's cut quickly because I only use the parts were we actually talk if you understand what I mean :)
And I actually love to use bright/some mystery Thumbnails because then people will think ... uhmm what's this , they want to know so they check it out....
Well that's just my style haha :)
Thanks for your feedback!

i agree with pretty much everything @KidsCorner said, whats the point in asking for feedback if your just going to disagree with it all?

there is a reason why people use fun bright and clear thumbnails, because they work. mystery thumbnails don't

Hey Kidscorner I checked out your channel and subscribed I thought it was good.

Not sure if this is where to ask but I have a channel in the similar niche. I see you have done a great job from the start and was looking to see if I could humbly ask for some advice or feedback on my channel.

I have some camera issues i'm working out with blurriness and need to possibly make it more fun but having a hard time finding a main direction to go with. I was just hoping to find others in a similar niche and possibly later could collaborate some day.[DOUBLEPOST=1471719096,1471717727][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have my channel for like a month, I try to make really good quality content.
I spend lots of time at editing so I can improve even faster.
Just give me your honest opinion or a tip is also nice :)
I'll post here a video as an example.

I would say this channel is pretty good and the grandpa video could be better if it slowed down and explained more about what is going on. I also agree with a lot that kidscorner said as when I watched it I could not really understand some of the things your grandpa was saying.

He seems like he could be really funny it was just so quick and hard to understand that I was so focused on trying to figure it out that it can be hard to focus on the funny parts.

I think it's good quality and well done just a little more explained and let the jokes have more time to hit the audience before moving forward with the next cut.

That is just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt and still am growing my channel. Other than that it's good and the advice kids corner gave was so good that i wanted him to give me some feedback LOL. Sorry as I did not want to hijack your thread.

Not sure if this is where to ask but I have a channel in the similar niche. I see you have done a great job from the start and was looking to see if I could humbly ask for some advice or feedback on my channel.

I have some camera issues i'm working out with blurriness and need to possibly make it more fun but having a hard time finding a main direction to go with. I was just hoping to find others in a similar niche and possibly later could collaborate some day.
Heya, not the right place indeed to do a review but here it goes, please take this as constructive, not trying to be negative!
- Overall colors of the video is very faded, maybe better to put some color saturation in post production over it.
- I would make the background more interesting to look it, I've asked several kids to watch some video's of other channels when I started and they like colors and interesting things in the background.
- The moana face actually looks pretty scary for kids, maybe better to make something they can recognize like your thomas train
- I see a lot of time goes into making the chocolate faces, but your video's take very long before eggs and toys are being opened. I know you want to use the maximum footage out of the creation but in my view it takes too long. Maybe smash it in the first 15 seconds and then go straight to your toys before you lose their attention. You can probably see if this happens to your video's if you look at your retention already.
- Your camera might be out of focus a lot because it doesn't know what to focus on. There's so much chocolate and toys lying everywhere and you move in and out with your hands to distract the autofocus. :) I don't use autofocus anymore on my video's as it's a mess to work with.
- Try to let a child to open the stuff if you can, it seems your child is very young but maybe you have a neighbour or cousin or something who would love to do it.
- Your channel thumbnails are colorful and clear, but if you're a three to five year old they won't know there are toys inside and maybe choose another video with better thumbnail with actual eggs shown on it. Again here, I know you want to show of your chocolate creation but I would focus on the toys as well.
- Somehow your channel page shows a bit weird for me, no bar with video, playlist, about, etc for me.

Last edited:

I have some camera issues i'm working out with blurriness and need to possibly make it more fun but having a hard time finding a main direction to go with. I was just hoping to find others in a similar niche and possibly later could collaborate some day.[DOUBLEPOST=1471719096,1471717727][/DOUBLEPOST]

I would say this channel is pretty good and the grandpa video could be better if it slowed down and explained more about what is going on. I also agree with a lot that kidscorner said as when I watched it I could not really understand some of the things your grandpa was saying.

He seems like he could be really funny it was just so quick and hard to understand that I was so focused on trying to figure it out that it can be hard to focus on the funny parts.

I think it's good quality and well done just a little more explained and let the jokes have more time to hit the audience before moving forward with the next cut.

That is just my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt and still am growing my channel. Other than that it's good and the advice kids corner gave was so good that i wanted him to give me some feedback LOL. Sorry as I did not want to hijack your thread.
Yeah, I will do something about the fact that my grandpa is sometimes unintelligibly :)

Heya, not the right place indeed to do a review but here it goes, please take this as constructive, not trying to be negative!
- Overall colors of the video is very faded, maybe better to put some color saturation in post production over it.
- I would make the background more interesting to look it, I've asked several kids to watch some video's of other channels when I started and they like colors and interesting things in the background.
- The moana face actually looks pretty scary for kids, maybe better to make something they can recognize like your thomas train
- I see a lot of time goes into making the chocolate faces, but your video's take very long before eggs and toys are being opened. I know you want to use the maximum footage out of the creation but in my view it takes too long. Maybe smash it in the first 15 seconds and then go straight to your toys before you lose their attention. You can probably see if this happens to your video's if you look at your retention already.
- Your camera might be out of focus a lot because it doesn't know what to focus on. There's so much chocolate and toys lying everywhere and you move in and out with your hands to distract the autofocus. :) I don't use autofocus anymore on my video's as it's a mess to work with.
- Try to let a child to open the stuff if you can, it seems your child is very young but maybe you have a neighbour or cousin or something who would love to do it.
- Your channel thumbnails are colorful and clear, but if you're a three to five year old they won't know there are toys inside and maybe choose another video with better thumbnail with actual eggs shown on it. Again here, I know you want to show of your chocolate creation but I would focus on the toys as well.
- Somehow your channel page shows a bit weird for me, no bar with video, playlist, about, etc for me.

That's the best feedback I have ever received, thank you! I'm taking notes and want to implement as many of your tips as I can.
I was unaware of auto focus and that has been the biggest pain as I had no idea why it was doing that lol .:eeks:
I just found focus lock after you mentioned this. I think I figured something out, as I was so confused about that.

I'm using a cheaper cannon point and shoot elph and have a hard time getting it to look good but that tip right there helped so much. I'm going to implement all tips I can right now and really appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback. :thanksthumbs::ty:

Would it be possibly to get in contact with you in the future after I have made some of these improvements to see what you think? If not totally understand and really appreciate the 5 star feedback. :crown:

That's the best feedback I have ever received, thank you! I'm taking notes and want to implement as many of your tips as I can.
I was unaware of auto focus and that has been the biggest pain as I had no idea why it was doing that lol .:eeks:
I just found focus lock after you mentioned this. I think I figured something out, as I was so confused about that.

I'm using a cheaper cannon point and shoot elph and have a hard time getting it to look good but that tip right there helped so much. I'm going to implement all tips I can right now and really appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback. :thanksthumbs::ty:

Would it be possibly to get in contact with you in the future after I have made some of these improvements to see what you think? If not totally understand and really appreciate the 5 star feedback. :crown:

Sure, no problem to provide some more feedback in the future. On the camera, try to study your camera and videography and what effect it has on your video.
On the focus, try setting it to F16 or higher (you might need to drop ISO a bit or add lights), see from which point you want things to be in focus and to which pointin the end. Put your focus on a point one third of the way from the camera to the end (you can put yours or someone else's hand temporarily if there is nothing to focus on). This should put most things in focus the manual way.

Back