BLACK JAQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Heyooo...I'm not necessarily new to youtube...I actually have a few projects that I have worked on in the past...one of which (DownRiverTV) has become fairly successful. But now I have my new Channel and I find myself struggling for views.

I need to get noticed for my work. I feel as though I know what demographic I want to reach and I know what videos which I want to make but reaching ANYONE has become difficult. I feel as though my videos have evolved since my first year on youtube and I feel as though I have become a better creator but I dont have anyone to watch my vids.

How do I get publicity and traffic to my channel?

One problem I have that I know sucks is the fact that I cant use social media for this youtube channel...Well...I could...But I would already need some form of following because I didnt have social media before creating the channel. Basically for a few different reasons I cant use social media to get followers but I can use it later on to keep them. So really what Im asking is...how do I get viewers to acknowledge my channel without using social media?

I will gladly take any tips that any of you have.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH <3

Last edited by a moderator:

MOO

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the best way to get noticed is through social media. But, as you said, you need an actual following from that. I know this might seem said too much, but maybe make some better custom thumbnails. Find out some trends and make similar videos, but with your own personality. I think your videos are good, but you can perhaps increase the quality; maybe stabilize your camera. Comment on other small YouTubers, just comment nice things and not spammy promotional comments. Maybe collaborate with other YouTubers. Enhance your tags. It is also important to have good description. This SEO is part of what YouTube looks at when ranking your video. So, be mindful of it. I use a tool called TubeBuddy which is useful (and free) for SEO and coming up with relevant tags that are looked at often and with little competition. Hope I was of any help :D

Reactions: BLACK JAQ

DAVID isWHITE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, I don't care about the views. What I do is upload regularly and share the links on my social media. Being an active subscriber helps a lot, commenting on a bunch of videos makes people click to see your channel and watch your videos. I know annotating your videos will bring more people to your channel too. If you have good content and upload regularly, the views will come.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I created a social media following (of a sort, just Twitter) for a character I created for one series of my videos, and that Twitter account has more followers than my personal Twitter. (It helps that he's a cat.) So getting noticed by newly-formed social media accounts isn't unheard of.

I say to go where the people who you'd like to follow/notice you already are. So if there are forums or communities where your dream viewers would hang out, join those communities, get involved, and then suggest they find your videos.

It's going to be a long process, but its kind of meant to be. You can't get noticed straight away, it takes lots of time.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree 100% with @xingcat here its hard to get noticed or to promote WITHOUT a form of social media. Growing without one is difficult but those YouTubers from years ago when Twitter and the likes weren't around and did fine, but in saying that it was a simpler time back then.

I highly suggest you check out the SEO section of the forum for more info on growing and getting noticed.