Genuine help needed!

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's not duplicate content; its repetitious content. I linked the YouTube Monetization Polices in one of my replies. Please click the link and read the article. It should make everything clear.
i know you dont make the rules and stuff and not aiming towards you but more towards YT company

If you think about it, gamers, vloggers, car guys are all repetitious.
for gamers, its always them on a screen playing a game, but a different game. but its still the same thing.
for me its on a bike on a trail, but different trails...but its always a trail lol

for his case, its a drawing, but they all look different but its still a drawing thats somewhat different.

it just does not make sense how someone can be denied monetiziation for repetition. I can understand if it is the same EXACT drawing every time over and over and over.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@wchap001

The fact that you made the following statements shows me you know little about current monetization policy, and also that you don't know that a violation "class" isn't just about its title.
i know you dont make the rules and stuff and not aiming towards you but more towards YT company
for his case, its a drawing, but they all look different but its still a drawing thats somewhat different.
First of all, as a badge-bearing Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube, I have no choice but to be "more towards YT company" as you've put it. I am one of the people who sit on the YouTube Support Forum answering people's YouTube issue questions, and we're required to go according to YouTube Policies; anything else would not help users solve their problems, and might actually mislead them.

Next, if instead of deciding to dismiss me out of hand as a "YouTube Hack" (even though you say you weren't aiming at me), you had actually read the policy set I linked, you would have seen this:

"Repetitious content. This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value. Examples include:
  • Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value, commentary, or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass-produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value
Note: You may be able to monetize third-party content if you have commercial use rights for that content, and you’re contributing to the value of that content in some way. This can include, but is not limited to, high-quality editing, adding commentary, or narrative."

As you can see, the Repetitious Content class is not just about repetition. The first part I've bolded seems in my eyes to be specifically aimed at series; and the second one is aimed at videos made by things like animated drawing software and all of the "make professional class YouTube videos" software suites touted by the Affiliate Marketing Community.
If you think about it, gamers, vloggers, car guys are all repetitious.
for gamers, its always them on a screen playing a game, but a different game. but its still the same thing.
for me its on a bike on a trail, but different trails...but its always a trail lol
Why do you think that out of the three video genres you've named, only the vloggers are actually safe? Gamers and car guys are all now being rejected on a regular basis too. Even worse; your channel isn't even safe if you were monetized years ago.

These new rules are not from YouTube; they are from AdSense; who has also forced YouTube to declare that all YPP channels, even those who have been monetized for years, must be reviewed against the AdSense Content Quality Guidelines. Channels who don't comply with the rules will be removed from the YPP and demonetized until such time (if any) as they do comply.

I deal with people like you on the Official forum every day; and I don't need your guff on a non-official forum as well. Your knowledge of the rules is outdated, and you cannot and will not bully Google into accommodating you just because you want them to. The monetization policies are linked below, I suggest you not only read them, but everything you can find in the Help section on what can and can't be monetized; because your channel's turn to be reviewed will come eventually.

So will mine.

Last edited:

ashish191212

Reaction score
@UKHypnotist
I understand every point you said but I have a question on this:

What are the options to make such kind of videos ( I mean Zodiac Signs videos ) ?

My Opinion:
I created my channel in 2016 where I used to make textual and image slideshows for such videos and I was monetized for a year without any problem and then go monetized.
I thought changing the complete process of my video creation and couple of ideas came in my mind like:
typography video - not feasible as it is not a facts video
create video by buying stock footage - won't set a theme for channel (current it is whiteboard animation) like I can't get the complete footage in same scene that will go according to my script.

and I read the policies as well, so I added human voice over, created my own content by researching topics and writing own unique content, I also created a blog where I can post those articles and it is updated daily and linked to my channel, created a Pinterest profile, Facebook Page. And, I am doing genuine work, not collecting content from here and there and spinning it.

I mean, if YouTube thinks that this kind of content (whiteboard animation videos) are more likely to generate nonsensical content then they should increase the eligibility for just this kind of videos like set it to 20000 hours and then only genuine content makers can qualify and one more thing YouTube is such a big company, every single person know YouTube, why can't YouTube create policies where they can mention such stuff like all kind of white board animation and explainer videos don't qualify videos. I don't think it is that difficult.

What do you say ?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
1. YT isn't prepared to "cherry pick" on eligibilty requirements as in: set individual requisites for a single class of video

2. You seem to be forgetting the Content Quality Guidelines which this is a part of, comes down from AdSense; not YouTube. So for any changes. you'd need to persuade an entirely different department of Google.

In case you were wondering, channels who rely mainly on stock footage for their visuals are getting hit with demonetization also. So even using stock isn't safe any more.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
so ive been doing a ton of research and been talking to a few folks who got their channels demonetized or rejected for reuse content and repetition.

the people who look at these channels have a thing for automated and/or animations as the video that are computer generated. It seems most people who get rejected for repetition have some kind of computerized video as the main setting. example, the animation he is doing. In youtubes eye, this is essentially mass produced and minimal changes.

When I was flaring up about repetition, I was worried about vloggers, trail riders, offroaders etc...in essence it is also repetition. the person who cooks everyday for their channel, it is also repetition but it provides value, its self generated and created and not mass produced by a computer. The person cooks every day in the same kitchen, same background setting in essence its repetition, but the fact it is not animated by some kind of mass produced computerized software/application it is not repetition in youtubes eye. I am riding the same trail everyday, I do talk about other stuff and in essence that is repetition, but in YT eye it is not and adds some kind of value.

as for reuse content. I noticed people got rejected because they use 2 of the following
1. still frame and royalty free in background with no voice overs
2. they use 2 different reusable content such as video image AND music in background with a voice over.

youtube is looking for someone who makes their own content and not just grab other peoples stuff for their own benefit with just a simple voice over. using 3rd party music is fine but you need to have your own video and own voice over.

i freaked out about the same thing but I just got monetized. I was using 3rd party music but I had my own videos and voice overs. I also mentioned I got my videos. I also talk to my friends who are monetized in the dirtbike/motovlog comnmunity and although it looks to be repetitious, they are monetized because they create their own video and provide educational value. in essence, if my buddies were just to do 100% animated video, it would have not been approved

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
You are correct, and that was my original point. Congrats on your approval; and may all of your re-reviews be as successful!
haha yeah it took me to a bit to fully understand the post. Thanks!! as my next videos though and as I continue growing this thread taught me ton so I am going to play it extra careful and also keep things a bit different as well just in case.

I plan on also doing camping tricks, food and survival tips, dirtbike builds, camping series along with my dualsport and dirtbike reviews and vlogs. Im not going to be doing no more music ONLY videos and only keep short songs in the background and keep original sounds in the background. appreciate you and all the responses you provided. I dont think w/o this forum I would have never known any of this

ashish191212

Reaction score
@UKHypnotist and @wchap001

According to me, all these repetitive policies are made just to filter out the channels who are not making original content or the content which can be made easily within minutes or the content which drives people away from YouTube (clickbait type of content).

The final verdict came from YouTube and I got monetized :bounce:. As policies keeps on changing, I am just crossing my finger.

And thank you for all the discussions, I got to learn a lot about different things related to YouTube and would love to be a part of any discussion related to it.

Thanks

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
@UKHypnotist and @wchap001

According to me, all these repetitive policies are made just to filter out the channels who are not making original content or the content which can be made easily within minutes or the content which drives people away from YouTube (clickbait type of content).

The final verdict came from YouTube and I got monetized :bounce:. As policies keeps on changing, I am just crossing my finger.

And thank you for all the discussions, I got to learn a lot about different things related to YouTube and would love to be a part of any discussion related to it.

Thanks

totally agree. congrats on getting monetized as well. so you did get reject in the first round right? what did you end up changing in the 2nd application?

but yes most of these channels I studied did not have "professional" content and just pieced in things to make a quick video. I think that is why YT is placing these policies, is to weed out these "make a quick buck" type of content.

ashish191212

Reaction score
@wchap001
yes, I got rejected first time but I think that was some kind of automatic rejection(not sure exactly) because the decision came in less than 30 hours. I did not change anything specifically after rejection just the cover and about bio. This time YT took around 8-10 days and finally got approved.