Game Channels! How do you choose what games to play?

Naybor

Just curious about what makes you pick a game to play on your channel?

Mine is a combination of
1. I want to play the game. Plain and simple.
2. Popularity or a game that should become popular quickly.
3. I've watched it on another channel and it looked like fun!

I mostly just play whatever it is that I want to play and see how it does after I post a video. Whatever it is that does well I can continue and enjoy doing because it's something I wanted to play anyway. I don't play any games that I think would be popular just for the fact that if I don't enjoy it and then people expect more content of that game in the future they would stop coming to the channel. I'd rather take time to gather an audience that watches the stuff I enjoy rather than me just playing something I may not enjoy but is popular.

I have a list of games, popular and unpopular, that I know I'll have fun with because when I'm having fun or just utterly entertained, the commentary works itself out. Also, if your having honest fun and enjoyment, your viewers will most likely as well.

I mostly just play whatever it is that I want to play and see how it does after I post a video. Whatever it is that does well I can continue and enjoy doing because it's something I wanted to play anyway. I don't play any games that I think would be popular just for the fact that if I don't enjoy it and then people expect more content of that game in the future they would stop coming to the channel. I'd rather take time to gather an audience that watches the stuff I enjoy rather than me just playing something I may not enjoy but is popular.

Yup. If you don't like the games then no one else will enjoy watching you play! That's the first thing I consider when looking at any game![DOUBLEPOST=1490745653,1490745555][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have a list of games, popular and unpopular, that I know I'll have fun with because when I'm having fun or just utterly entertained, the commentary works itself out. Also, if your having honest fun and enjoyment, your viewers will most likely as well.

One think I'm thinking about in the future is streaming older games that I want to play instead of making them a let's play. That way I can play for longer and don't have to worry about bogging down my channel with a 20+ part let's play of a older/less popular (now) game.

Yup. If you don't like the games then no one else will enjoy watching you play! That's the first thing I consider when looking at any game![DOUBLEPOST=1490745653,1490745555][/DOUBLEPOST]

One think I'm thinking about in the future is streaming older games that I want to play instead of making them a let's play. That way I can play for longer and don't have to worry about bogging down my channel with a 20+ part let's play of a older/less popular (now) game.

Plain and Simple:bounce:

I choose games that would make for an interesting topic to talk about.
I don't do letsplays, I "review" or just talk about games.

Nice!! Sometimes I think doing an overall review would be easier than a lets play! Probably less frustrating and more fun!

3 factors. It's a mix of what I like, combined with what is timely (usually 25 or 30 year mark) and if other channels that rank at the top are not very good and worth taking on

Just curious about what makes you pick a game to play on your channel?

Mine is a combination of
1. I want to play the game. Plain and simple.
2. Popularity or a game that should become popular quickly.
3. I've watched it on another channel and it looked like fun!

Pretty much the same as you, but I'll also use VidIQ to see what the search volume and competition is. If there's loads of competition, I usually won't go for it as my vid just won't search well.

Back