Gaining and losing subscribers, am i alone?

Nope, for the lifetime it's +521/-17 or so.

I can't check the actual numbers on mine at the moment because my phone is dumb but last time I checked (a few days ago) they were somewhere around 817 gained and almost 300 lost I think.[DOUBLEPOST=1444329223,1444329026][/DOUBLEPOST]
In October so far I've gained 2, lost 1. Lifetime I've gained 44, lost 9. My figures are too small to compare them to yours I think, mine seem pretty reasonable.

That's not bad, I seem to be losing at an alarming rate right now. Hopefully that will change soon though. From October 1st - 4th I gained 25 and lost 18. I'm still in the positive most days but it would be much better if I wasn't losing so many, lol.

I feel like this is pretty common actually. It seems that your still technically gaining though so that's good. If you were losing faster than what you were gaining then that would be bad. For every handful of subs I get I get minus a sub or two.

I lose a pretty fair number of them a month, and the majority are inactive, which is IMO good because I don't want a in inflated number I can't really understand compared to an accurate one. From my estimation they knock out inactive accounts constantly.

I feel like this is pretty common actually. It seems that your still technically gaining though so that's good. If you were losing faster than what you were gaining then that would be bad. For every handful of subs I get I get minus a sub or two.

That's what I was thinking, I've just never lost so many so quickly before so it concerned me a little. And yeah, I still come out in the positive on most days so that's good. If they are just weeding out inactive users, that's fine. I'd rather have active subscribers anyway, :).[DOUBLEPOST=1444333630,1444333451][/DOUBLEPOST]
I lose a pretty fair number of them a month, and the majority are inactive, which is IMO good because I don't want a in inflated number I can't really understand compared to an accurate one. From my estimation they knock out inactive accounts constantly.

I agree completely on having active subscribers. I just hope that that is what's happening. If so, I'm completely okay with it. Plus, I still end most days in the plus so I'm not complaining by any means, :). I was just wondering what was going on, :).

I gain and lose subs all the time. It normally happens around the time I post videos. Heck, last video I posted I lost 5 subs in the first day... :/

I gain and lose subs all the time. It normally happens around the time I post videos. Heck, last video I posted I lost 5 subs in the first day... :/

I was going to like your post but I felt like that would be like liking the fact that you lost 5 subscribers, so I didn't.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get 5 more in their place.

Here's to both of us growing like crazy real soon, :).

In the analytics, it tells you who unsubbed because YT closed their accounts. All the rest have unsubbed as a conscious decision. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's just numbers on a screen and it's better if people unsubscribe than stay subscribed but never watch your content.

Subs are nice - they make us feel all warm and fuzzy but the only metric that matters is the daily views. That is what defines the size of a channel, nothing else. All IMHO of course. :)

In the analytics, it tells you who unsubbed because YT closed their accounts. All the rest have unsubbed as a conscious decision. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's just numbers on a screen and it's better if people unsubscribe than stay subscribed but never watch your content.

Subs are nice - they make us feel all warm and fuzzy but the only metric that matters is the daily views. That is what defines the size of a channel, nothing else. All IMHO of course. :)
Where do I look in the analytics for that? Or what does it say?

I was just about to say the same thing, I would rather see that too and have them unsub rather than being a dead subscriber who you always wonder about and how you can get them to watch :D

It is perfectly normal to lose subscribers, as long as you are gaining more than you are losing then you are in the green.

Back