Future Monetization idea

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have been thinking of ways YouTubers could monetize their content. YouTube recently stated that they are thinking of better ways to monetize content.

the mechanical royalty rate recently was raised for music streaming. YouTube is working on a new Music Service streaming service combining Google Play Music and YouTube Music together. I think YouTube should at least let YouTubers who monetize their original music videos earn the royalty rate per view. Every other streaming service such as Spotify, Apple Music etc legally have to pay per stream to all the artists.

For non Musicians on YouTube it should be setup so that if you are advertising your website or some merch you get a small monetization earning if you advertise something you own. This could easily be setup with something similar like End cards but you can put it up in the video as you are talking. (Like a click here to learn more about my book) If a viewer clicks it you earn a percentage based on clicks.

Amazon already does this items in their store. Every time someone clicks on an ad for books etc the book publisher etc gets a percentage.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been thinking of ways YouTubers could monetize their content. YouTube recently stated that they are thinking of better ways to monetize content.

the mechanical royalty rate recently was raised for music streaming. YouTube is working on a new Music Service streaming service combining Google Play Music and YouTube Music together. I think YouTube should at least let YouTubers who monetize their original music videos earn the royalty rate per view. Every other streaming service such as Spotify, Apple Music etc legally have to pay per stream to all the artists.

For non Musicians on YouTube it should be setup so that if you are advertising your website or some merch you get a small monetization earning if you advertise something you own. This could easily be setup with something similar like End cards but you can put it up in the video as you are talking. (Like a click here to learn more about my book) If a viewer clicks it you earn a percentage based on clicks.

Amazon already does this items in their store. Every time someone clicks on an ad for books etc the book publisher etc gets a percentage.
I agree with what you say about music. As for the non-musicians though, sending traffic away from YouTube is the exact opposite of what they're trying to achieve, so there's no way that they'd reward people for it.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I agree with what you say about music. As for the non-musicians though, sending traffic away from YouTube is the exact opposite of what they're trying to achieve, so there's no way that they'd reward people for it.
perhaps it doesn't have to be that way. Already YouTube lets you verify your website. Lets say you were selling a book. YouTube could build in a system so you can purchase said book through YouTube that links back to your store on your website. That way you won't have to leave YouTube.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
perhaps it doesn't have to be that way. Already YouTube lets you verify your website. Lets say you were selling a book. YouTube could build in a system so you can purchase said book through YouTube that links back to your store on your website. That way you won't have to leave YouTube.
Oh I get what you mean now, yeah if they could do it all without the user leaving YouTube they'd probably be fine with that.