free music to use?

LaZzy Ghost

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i am looking for free music i can add to a outro. i dont want to copyright anything. i would appreciate it if you had any suggestions on where i can find music to use.

D3struction

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well really, in YouTube's policy, as far as I'm aware (unless they changed this) you can use up to 30 seconds of any song without it being copyrighted. However, if you don't want to risk anything, the channel NoCopyrightSounds is your best friend. They upload amazing music that is free to use and would be perfect for outros!

Hope this helped!
~D3struction

Reactions: LaZzy Ghost

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well really, in YouTube's policy, as far as I'm aware (unless they changed this) you can use up to 30 seconds of any song without it being copyrighted.
I just want to make it clear to anyone reading this that this is not true and has never been true. Please be careful when giving advice about copyright. :)

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Chillhop Records has some awesome music which I use. I'm not sure if you meant free of charge, but you don't have to pay for it. You only have to give credit to the artist and themselves.

D3struction

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just want to make it clear to anyone reading this that this is not true and has never been true. Please be careful when giving advice about copyright. :)
really?? I'm pretty sure that was true in the earlier days of youtube, and I did say as far as I'm aware. They mustve changed it. I used a "copyrighted song" when I first started and only used 10 seconds and I didn't get copyrighted.

O. Henry

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get my music from bensound.com
All you have to do is credit them in the description.
They have a large variety of songs from various genres. :)

Improve Your Health

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There are lot of sources for good and royalty-free music you can add to your YT videos.

1. YouTube audio library ( youtube.com/audiolibrary/music ) - all music is selected carefully which means that it has decent quality.
2. Free music archive is another option ( freemusicarchive.org )
3. Incompetech has searchable catalogue with different themes and categories ( incompetech.com )
4. There are tons of YT creators that make their own music and is free to use. Personally, I like GlitchxCity's remixes.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
The Youtube audio library in the creator studio actually had quite a few good numbers in there. The only thing is you'll have to be ready to sit and go through a lot of different songs, which I think makes it better, you have a lot of choices. They're all copyright free, some of them you have to put a little link or name in your description but sometimes i forget (OOPS) But I haven't gotten in trouble for it

YoungWildMe3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We've just been using the music YouTube provides for now.

GroovyMotion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I started to use SoundCloud, it's been used by Youtubers such as Casey Neistat! When you do a search, click "tracks" on the left side and under Filter Results click on "to listen to" and select "to use commercially". Many of the top artists only ask for a follow and a link in your video description.