Focused vs Diverse content

ttxela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you can think of niches in different ways, my content is a little diverse, I do videos on motorhome trips, vehicle maintenance, airbrushing, hillwalking, mine exploration, workshop projects and currently a little series on weight loss. This might seem diverse but often there is a crossover, for instance I might take the airbrush on a motorhome holiday and do some painting, or combine a hillwalk with a mine visit, or do some vehicle maintenance on the motorhome... you get the idea. Really my niche is my audience which analytics show is almost exclusively middle aged men like me. So I think of my channel more as the YouTube equivalent of 'Dave' the video themes are diverse but they all appeal to a certain audience (or hopefully most do).

Reactions: PansGaming

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you can think of niches in different ways, my content is a little diverse, I do videos on motorhome trips, vehicle maintenance, airbrushing, hillwalking, mine exploration, workshop projects and currently a little series on weight loss. This might seem diverse but often there is a crossover, for instance I might take the airbrush on a motorhome holiday and do some painting, or combine a hillwalk with a mine visit, or do some vehicle maintenance on the motorhome... you get the idea. Really my niche is my audience which analytics show is almost exclusively middle aged men like me. So I think of my channel more as the YouTube equivalent of 'Dave' the video themes are diverse but they all appeal to a certain audience (or hopefully most do).
I think that's a great way of looking at it. As long as your content is mostly aimed at the same kinds of people/audience then it doesn't really matter what category the videos fall into. I hadn't looked at in in that way, it makes so much sense!

Reactions: ttxela

TheWealthProject

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you can make videos about different topics but you should try to piece together the content in a way that soft of combines them together.

For example, if you did vlogs and gaming, maybe you could make a vlog about going to a game store to buy some new games.

Reactions: PansGaming